You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Consultant in our International Development team in Central London. We are motivated by making the world a better place. Becoming part of our global team, you will be part of growing our business with a new set of clients. You will support the team in developing a pipeline of new business opportunities and the preparing winning proposals, and delivering our portfolio of projects. AECOM seeks a passionate, energetic, detail-oriented person who can take on and lead tasks related to new business research, proposal management and communication.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about delivering results in developing economies, and interested in urban development, energy and water, trade and/or economic development. The role would ideally suit someone who is a recent graduate who has gained some international development experience (approximately two years’ experience) and who is willing to learn and develop, taking on more responsibility as the team matures.
Conduct desk-based (or in-country research) to shape competitor and SWOT analysis, learn more about clients’ priorities and state of the sector in a specific country or region in Africa or Asia.
- Research and keep abreast of DFID and other donors’ activities together with their programming and policy changes.
- Search for opportunities where AECOM can brand and position itself in the market.
- Assist the team in responding to concrete business opportunities by establishing the value proposition of AECOM and teaming, staffing and technical requirements and draft client responses.
- Support and develop communication with colleagues in other departments and build a broad knowledge of the specialist skills within AECOM.
- Attend relevant conferences to build networks and sectoral understanding.
- Plan and schedule meetings for the rest of the team.
- Establish and maintain appropriate databases and systems in order to store information for easy access and future use.
- Support the set-up and implementation of robust operational and programme management systems for live projects.
- Work with Senior Consultants to support and lead on partner relations and AECOM office relations.
- A degree in International Relations, International Development, Economics, or equivalent, with a 2:1 classification or above (or equivalent)
- A Masters degree in any of the above would be an advantage
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for international development.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest in economic and private sector development, with an appreciation for infrastructure and urban development, energy, water, climate change, and/or trade and investment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise an increasing workload.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and exhibit innovative thinking.
- Ability to thrive in a pressured and varied work environment.
- Superb attention to detail
- Outstanding written English, and excellent communication skills. Fluency in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish and Portuguese) is an asset. Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to build effective credible professional relationships and networks, and to manage stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, with significant multidisciplinary exposure.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990
2 Leman St, London, UK