Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
The software engineer will be responsible for Design, implement and maintain java application phases. They shall use industry standard tools to Work on the source control process. They will work in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug problems. The engineer will also be responsible for ensuring product requirements are captured.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging.
What makes us different as an employer isn't our skills and talents. It's our people. Winning the moniker of 'Global Top Employer' for the 3rd time in a row is just a testament to that!
- Drive best practice, quality and consistency within design and development phases.
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
What we are offering
With us, you'll get an exceptional start to a career in IT in a global and multicultural environment. Alongside a Graduate induction and a bespoke training and mentoring programme, there will be comprehensive opportunities for additional training and development through our Talent Development programme and online learning platform & apps.
We also run a successful employee engagement & community volunteering platform, and a comprehensive employee well-being programme. Other employee benefits include: Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Permanent Health Insurance and 22 days’ annual leave.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT
- in Edinburgh, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1968
4 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ, UK