You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Technology touches every part of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and underpins each deal we make. From low latency programming to big data challenges to keep Bank of America Merrill Lynch at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, Technology is critical to our success. Owing to our investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division places growth and success as a central part of its strategy. Why? It gives our business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical solutions.
Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology provides end-to-end technology solutions and support for Global Banking & Markets businesses including Equities, Electronic Trading, Rates and Currencies, Credit and Structured Products, Commodities, Sales and Capital Markets, Wholesale Banking and Research.
Chief Data Office & Control Function Technology (CDO & CFT) provides end-to-end data capabilities and governance; risk/non-core finance; divestitures; and control function technology to reduce complexity and drive greater focus on our company’s and GT&O’s priorities. Providing end-to-end technology and change management support to enterprise functions for Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Whichever team you join, we expect fresh thinking from our technologists; fast turnaround and delivery means work is challenging but also satisfying as solutions move from concept to implementation.
As a Technology Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical excellence to design, develop and maintain software.
- Work directly with users to prepare initial programming specifications from user requirements.
- Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems.
- Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives.
- Employ the latest mindset techniques such as agile development to deliver solutions.
- Partner with business, product and technology teams across the organisation.
- Internal and external client requirements gathering.
- Translate client interactions into technical design specifications.
- May work with (including but not limited to) Java, C #, Python and Scala.
Graduate Training Programme
You will have the opportunity to join a leading graduate training program. You will be placed in a team where you can contribute straightaway, whilst building your skills with a support network of mentors and buddies.
To further aid your development, we offer an extensive Learning curriculum focused on technical skills, business acumen, financial skills and soft skills, including leadership competencies. The Learning curriculum is a combination of instructor and virtual led training, e-learning modules and books online to further your career. Our global learning curriculum offers you the opportunity to increase your technical knowledge, build your knowledge of the global financial system and enhance your interpersonal skills all under the guidance of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Markets Technology industry leaders.
As an Analyst, you may be working closely with colleagues from various regions, reflecting the global nature of our business. This is a great opportunity to build a network of colleagues from across the company that will be a tremendous resource to you throughout your career.
- You are required to be a recent undergraduate or in your final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- You should have strong A level (or equivalent) grades and be on track for a minimum of a 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- First and foremost we look for applicants who display an interest in and passion for Technology, a natural curiosity and a desire to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment.
- We welcome applicants from various STEM degree subjects however it may be advantageous to be studying a Computer Science or a numerate degree discipline with a strong computing component such as Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
- For all applicants, particularly for those studying a non-Computer Science/Technology degree, you should show demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies, and efforts to advance technical skills
- Practical knowledge and experience of programming languages (may include but not limited to Python, C #, Java, Scala).
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving.
- Display clear motivation for exploring a Technology career within financial services.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people.
- We look for evidence of strong team-work and leadership.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK