- Deeside, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 01 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are currently recruiting interns to join our multidisciplinary team, exploring applications of machine learning to solve real-world healthcare challenges. This is an exciting opportunity to use and develop your skills in Machine Learning to have impact in areas such as mental health, surgery, critical care and radiotherapy. As an intern, you will develop new techniques and models tailored to the needs of healthcare contexts and which consider human (e.g. clinicians, patients) interaction with these algorithms. You will collaborate with leading machine learning experts, user experience designers, social scientists and clinicians to develop solutions that transform care pathways and improve health outcomes.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible.
· Work with an interdisciplinary team on healthcare applications of machine learning
· Develop novel machine learning models and algorithms which consider human (e.g. clinicians, patients) interaction with these algorithms
· Design, implement and evaluate machine learning experiments
· Write and present your findings in technical documents or papers
- Have knowledge of machine learning models and algorithms
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in the area of machine learning, statistics, computer science or a related field
- Have experience/interest in healthcare
- Have demonstrated proficiency through one or multiple publications at relevant venues
- Have strong programming skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In the UK, we share Microsoft’s global vision to empower every person and organisation to achieve more; but we also pursue a wide range of initiatives with particular resonance and relevance to the UK economy and culture.
From working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology we create makes life better - not just for
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Deeside, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1975
Your personalised job suggestions
Internship at Microsoft