- Coventry, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Aug, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Explore the workings of a FTSE 100 organisation
You’ll be more than a spectator. Treated as a colleague, you’ll work side-by-side with our teams on live projects and confront the challenges that deregulation, increased investment and a growing customer base bring to our business.
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: CoventryDuration: Twelve weeks
What you'll be doing
Collaborating with experts and leaders from our four core departments – Business Information, Planning & Performance, the Financial Services Centre, and our Group Technical Areas – you’ll:
• Find out how a FTSE 100 company, with over eight million customers, operates
• Learn in-depth about complex, shifting regulatory frameworks
• Be mentored by our financial experts and shadow them at work
• Work with our operational leaders to understand costs and create savings
Over the past few years, our summer Finance interns have worked on a range of critical projects, including developing detailed treasury reports, building and implementing management systems, reviewing and creating new processes for recording asset purchases and redesigning our invoicing strategy.
Where we'll take you
Our Summer Placement isn’t just a window into our world – it’s a gateway into a career at Severn Trent. At the conclusion of the placement, you can expect to have:
• Learned about our different financial functions in-depth
• Gained practical experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Worked on a diverse selection of projects and made a substantive contribution to their outcome
• Have taken the first steps towards becoming a Chartered Accountant
• Be considered for a permanent position
What we're looking for
With new markets opening up, a shifting climate and increasing urbanisation, the pace of change in the water industry is increasing rapidly – we’re looking for people who can actively help us to keep up with the current.
You’ll need to be:
• Working towards a degree, in any discipline
• Comfortable communicating with non-finance professionals and telling stories through numbers
• Able to digest information and use it to make effective business decisions.
• Curious and analytical with a passion for finance.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Severn Trent
Have you ever thought about a day without water? No morning cup of tea, no wake me up shower, no pile of washing sorted, no dishes cleaned, no relaxing bath. And that’s just the start. Think about the hospitals, nursing homes and schools that wouldn’t be able to function, and the businesses that rely on water for their services to be successf
- Engineering & industrial, Consulting & Accounting
- Coventry, UK
- Founded in 1974
Severn Trent Centre, 2 St John's St, Coventry, UK