- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
EnvironmentPeople join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
MissionDescription of the Business Line or Department
CORI is the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SGCIB. It offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities. CORI provides tailor-made solutions to corporate, financial institutions, the public sector and family offices.
The Coverage Support team is dedicated to the support of coverage bankers in charge of relationships with large corporate clients in the UK, within the Corporate & Investment Banking department (“CORI”).
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Provide support to the Corporate & Investment Banking (CORI) team of bankers in charge of the coverage of a portfolio of clients in the UK.
To contribute to the setting-up of plain-vanilla credit facilities
To participate in the regular client performance campaigns (actual and forecasts) and ensuring that the management reporting systems are up to date
Summary of responsibilities
- Management of data on revenues and assets on the portfolio of clients (review, control, forecast and reporting),
- Management of the internal client database referential for this portfolio.
- Structuring and implementation of loans with coverage, notably calculation of profitability, review of loan documentation with clients, legal advisers and business lines, implementation of loans liaising with back-office.
- Commercial support of bankers, including liaison with product lines
- Participation to the production of pitch presentations for client meetings
- writing internal memos on client relationships and strategy
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Strong modelling skills
- Reliability and being client-oriented
- Ability to estimate risk
- Cooperation and team spirit
- Oral and written communication
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
- English language fluent
- Basic corporate finance knowledge
Successful first experience in a Coverage Support function for corporate clients in an English-spoken working environment. Understanding of investment banking products and coverage problematic. Very good knowledge of CORI processes and global tools.
Master degree in Economics/Finance from a reputable Business School or University.
Study experience abroad.
English essential (written and spoken)
French desirable (written and spoken)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its te...
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864