You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 18,000.0 per year
What’s the opportunity?
Within the Engineering Directorate, the Integration & System Validation (ISV) department play a critical role in the development and proving of MBDA’s new and existing products. ISV engineers work day to day on a variety of tasks such as; aircraft/naval integration activities, weapon system integration and trials support/conduct.
Our Summer Placements run for10, 11 or 12 weeks across the Summer, the placement offers excellent learning and development opportunities that will utilise both engineering and team work skills to help deliver integration and proving solutions to a range of complex weapon systems. What will you be doing?
A role within the Integration and Systems Validation department will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work within a number of technical areas, including mechanical & electrical engineering, test equipment and trials conduct.
During the summer placement within ISV,youmay gain experience in a range of the following key areas:
- Weapon systems integration testing of sub-system and system level functionality,
- Functional proving of system response and performance,
- Integration of missiles and weapon systems onto delivery platforms,
- Trials planning and support to trials clearance documentation,
- Conduct of sub-system and system trials at various levels of maturity,
- Conduct of Firing trials and system level acceptance support.
Current ISVplacements have been involved with systems proving activities on MBDA’s CAAM/FLAADS, ASRAAM, Brimstone and Storm Shadow projects and this has included working with platforms such as the F-35 Lightning II, Eurofighter Typhoon, Type 26 Frigates and the AH-64 Apache. What are the benefits for you?
Within ISV, you will gain a ‘big picture’ view of MBDA and the UK defence environment and will work with a diverse range of people at all levels across the business.
- The objectives for your placement will be developed, in coordination with your line manager, to account for the business need and your individual aspirations.
- There may be opportunities to engage with customers.
- You will be able to utilise and develop a range of engineering and personal skills due to the wide variety of work the department offers.
- There is a positive attitude towards undergraduates and you will be a fully integrated member of the team.
A supportive graduate community with more than 100 recent graduates. What’s great about joining this team?
- There is a wide variety of work and every day is different.
- The team creates a supportive network with people from different disciplines and backgrounds who can provide a new perspective on a given issue.
- There is a culture of progression and a focus on innovative ways of improving system readiness and reliability.
What would you get?
£16,000 - £18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- To have an interest in the defence industry,
- Ability to problem solve and think logically,
- Ability to communicate at various technical and business levels,
- Good Presentation Skills,
- Good written English,
- Proactive and being capable of working on your own initiative,
- Must work well within a team.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
- Background in engineering,
- Experience of working in laboratory environments,
- Innovative thinking and the ability to see the impact of your actions,
- Knowledge of Military and Defence standards used throughout the industry.
You should be working towards a degree (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in maths, physics or aeronautical, aerospace, electrical, mechanical or systems engineering or a related engineering discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About MBDA UK
A world leader in missiles and missile systems.
Our multi-national organisation is made up of over 10,000 employees working across the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the US, and is the first truly integrated European defence company.
As the European champion in our sector, our vision is to continue to grow our prese
- Engineering & industrial
- Stevenage, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2001