You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Birmingham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arcadis are looking to recruit an Apprentice to be based within our Bridges Team.
Arcadis is the leading global Design && Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. It’s a complex business. But while our expertise and projects reach far and wide, they’re also united under the same simple vision: to improve quality of life.
We operate across a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, water, environment and buildings. Our diverse, talented and passionate people and our specialist combination of skills makes us unique.. Our 27,000 strong team work all over the world. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadisukgrads.com
What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning? Your answers are important to us. Because we need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their ideas to life with spark and imagination and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
If that speaks to you, talk to us. We’re building a business where you can thrive.
Our Highway and Bridges teams are involved in some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s and indeed the world’s most prestigious and challenging projects. Our current client portfolio includes the Welsh Government, Department of Transport, Transport for Scotland, Highways England, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Canal && River Trust, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom we undertake the planning, design and supervision of Highway, bridge and structures projects with a view to exceeding our client’s expectations.
What do we offer:
With Arcadis, you have a platform to drive your career, explore your capabilities turning your ambition into reality. On-going professional development and coaching means that you will always have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
The role will allow you to access “on and off the job training” gaining knowledge and hands on experience of supporting our teams in their delivery of exciting projects across our sectors.
Level 3, Courses on offer by locations as specified in the advertisement. You will study at a local college or university for your Level 3.
Typically an Apprentice will work 5 days per week. Typically 4 days “on the job” training and 1 day “off the job” attending sessions away from the office for technical training as per the Training provider’s calendar which is confirmed prior to the Apprentice start date.
Reporting to the line manager within the Bridges team, you will support the delivery of technically excellent cost-effective solutions, under professional supervision, work in collaboration with other design disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to attain a formal qualification, developing your industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
• Training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) using proprietary design software packages
• Preparation of civil engineering or MEP drawings and designs
• Preparation of design drawings and preparation of design calculations
• Document control and project processes in line with company quality system
• To provide instruction and advice within the department commensurate with training completed
• Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
• Becoming familiar and compliant with, relevant H && S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
• Good Communication
• Mathematics and IT skills are all important
• Ability to work as part of a team / Working on your own initiative
• Strong problem solving, Attention to detail
• Ability to come up with practical solutions
• Enthusiastic, Willing to learn, Punctual, Reliable, Committed
• Proactive and Self-Motivated
Qualifications / Experience:
• GCSE’s Maths, Science && English (minimum grade B but A grade preferred)
Arcadis are committed to investing in our people, and rewarding for exceptional performance. As an Apprentice employee you will be eligible for the benefits below:
- A Benefits Allowance and access to other Flexible Benefits
- Where applicable, Pension Plan and Auto-Enrolment
- 25 days holiday
- 1 x charity day per annum
- Birthday vouchers
- Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
What makes us the best?
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. Get in touch now and tell us where we can help you take your career.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundin
- Engineering & industrial
- Milton Keynes, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1888