You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jun, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
Job Description Summary:
Looking for a fulfilling career? One that can have a wider impact on society? At Grant Thornton, that's precisely what we offer. A career where you can have your ideas implemented. Your opinions heard. Your contributions valued. Not just by your colleagues, but by coveted clients. And the opportunity to inspire changes that can be felt wider than our business, helping us achieve our bold and ambitious vision of shaping a vibrant economy for the UK and beyond. It's a compelling mix. So bring your passion, ambitions and inspiration, and together let’s make it happen.
As a trainee in tax, you'll be working with corporations to understand their complex and ever changing tax needs. This group look at ensuring our clients are operating within the law whilst at the same time minimising their tax obligations. You'll need to have the confidence and credibility to work with multi nationals and private limited companies across their global and local operations.
As a placement in tax, you'll join us for 12 months to experience a year right at the heart of business, working as a fully signed-up member of the team, taking on the same responsibilities as a first year graduate in one of the following teams:
Corporate Tax teams:
• Human Capital and Consumer
• Technology, Media and Telecommunications
Specialist Services Tax teams:
• Transfer pricing
• Employment Taxes (Employer Solutions)
We’ll give you further information about the type of work these teams do a little bit further into the application process. If you successfully make it to Experience Day, you will be considered across all the pods but we will reach out to you before then to find out if you have a preference.
What you'll be doing:
• You'll get challenging on-the-ground experience in the two parts of tax advice – compliance and consultancy. Compliance is about helping clients meet their existing tax commitments and consultancy is about helping them operate in a more tax-efficient manner to make and save money
• You'll be carrying out technical research, producing tax computations, advising clients on their tax requirements and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs
• You'll have the chance to be a part of exciting projects beyond the day job which will really help with your development, as well as being a lot of fun
• You’ll be invited to development workshops during your time with us, some of which will take place at our training facility, Bradenham manor to help you on your way to becoming a credible business adviser.
Who we're looking for:
• You should share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect & Responsibility
• Independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge or be challenged
• Always striving to grow yourself, you should be driven to succeed with the ability to see tasks through to the end and remain agile, even when things don’t go to plan
• Passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Able to analyse the numbers and back them up with strategic advice, you must be a great relationship builder who can inspire everyone around you with your energy and ideas. You should also work well with others and take ownership of the part you play.
We consider academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are more important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Find out more about life as a Grant Thornton trainee here: https://traineeblog.grant-thornton.co.uk/
Applications for our 12 month placement roles open on 1st October 2018. We will have filled the majority of roles by the end of March 2019. This programme is suitable for penultimate year university students.
At Grant Thornton, we are committed to creating a working environment where all colleagues are treated equally, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone feels valued and able to perform at their best. This is our aspiration.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Grant Thornton
Looking for a fulfilling career? One that can have a wider impact on society? At Grant Thornton, that's precisely what we offer. A career where you can have your ideas implemented. Your opinions heard. Your contributions valued. Not just by your colleagues, but by coveted clients. And the opportunity to inspire changes that can be felt wider
- Consulting & Accounting
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1924
30 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AG, UK