You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Watford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 21 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Developed on behalf of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) QSAND is a free to use shelter and settlement resilience and sustainability built environment tool. It promotes, informs and guides decisions about sustainable approaches to relief, recovery and reconstruction before and / or after natural disasters. It not only supports disaster affected communities to rebuild in a sustainable resilient way, but also encourages the embedding of features which support greater resilience against disasters promoting faster recovery from future events. qsand.org
QSAND is maintained and operated by the BREEAM team at BRE with support from the BRE Trust, IFRC and Charitable foundations. BRE is owned by the BRE Trust. Our mission is to ‘Build a Better World Together’. ..
What we are looking for
A passionate and outgoing individual to work with us, and a range of humanitarian and other stakeholders (local country organisations and governments, NGO’s aid agencies, current and potential donors, corporate and humanitarian foundations etc.), to create, manage and strengthen stakeholder relationships, drive fundraising activities and help grow QSAND.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated with a passion for working with others and a strong can-do attitude
- Solutions orientated, highly organised and a team player with good problem solving skills
- A natural communicator with a feel for language and tone who can work well in busy periods
How you can expect to spend your day
- Establishing new, managing and strengthening existing stakeholder and partner relationships
- Coordinating, organising fundraising activities including grant applications and working with relevant parts of BRE to secure sponsorship
- Leading QSAND social media, promotion and communications activities including website content management, writing blogs posts and other media related communications
- Supporting QSANDs management and operation including:
- Preparing and delivery of webinars, seminars and training courses
- Guiding and supporting staff and volunteers as needed.
- Inputting into BRE’s management systems including finance and customer relations.
- Supporting research and development activities where required including providing basic technical and/or operational support to QSAND users
Skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy environment and be able to demonstrate:
Education and general skills
- Education to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Experienced user of IT and social media including common Microsoft Office applications and the Office suite especially outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of using digital communications channels and tools, and updating websites
- Strong numeracy, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English and presentational skills
Communication, Stakeholder and Relationships related skills
- Experience of working within or alongside the charitable sector to deliver projects and manage relationships
- Good understanding of the needs, priorities and perspectives of corporate partners and external stakeholders within the private sector
- Experience of building strong relationships with stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Excellent customer service always going the extra mile
- Excellent communications and social media skills
- Great research skills and analytical ability
Ways of working
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to tight timescales and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get involved and try new things
- Proven experience of managing projects to a high standard and with minimal supervision
- Experience in international development or disaster relief, recovery or reconstruction work
- An understanding of corporate responsibility issues
- An ability to develop creative ideas with a good eye for design
- Experience of supervising and motivating others
- Fundraising experience, working knowledge of charity law
- Conversant in a UN official language other than English e.g. Spanish etc.
- Knowledge of QSAND, BREEAM, planning, master planning, and/or community sustainability
What you will get?
BRE employs a wide range of individuals from different backgrounds all committed to driving forward advances and improvements in the built environment. Our mission is to build a better world together. We offer an exciting and intellectually challenging environment that brings together world renowned expertise, innovation and opportunities to make a difference. What you get includes:
- Opportunities to develop your skills in a range of areas and attend internal CPD and/or training courses
- Working with international stakeholders, aid agencies and construction experts
- Working alongside a wide range of world renowned experts in the built environment and sustainability
- On-site sporting and social facilities including a football pitch, tennis courts and a small gym, and many out of hours social activities.
- Onsite nursery
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BRE Group
We are an innovative group of researchers, scientists, engineers and technicians who share a common goal – to make the built environment better for all.
We generate new knowledge through independent research. This is used to create the products, standards and qualifications that help to ensure buildings, homes and com
- Property & Construction, Telecommunications, Science & Research
- Watford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1921
Bucknalls Ln, Bricket Wood, Watford WD25 9NH, UK