You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
The Production Controller will be involved in the planning, coordination and control of all of our print titles, which are distributed with both the newsstand and the national press.
Our titles include: Celebrity Secrets, which is distributed with OK! bumper packs, The Countryside Experience and Arts, Antiques & Collectibles, both of which go out with The Telegraph and Be Your Own Boss which is distributed with The Evening Standard.
Hurst Media also holds a number of content marketing contracts with The Times and The Guardian. The Production Controller will be able to multi-task under pressure with a high attention to detail and will consistently meet tight deadlines. The environment is extremely fast paced, so they will work well under pressure and have a great can do attitude.
This is a perfect role to kick start your career in media, with promising prospects for future development as the business expands its print and online portfolio.
- Assist in the creation and management of publication flatplans
- Liaise between the sales department and advertising clients
- Supply clients with technical specs and establish a deadline
- Process and fix advertisement artwork
- Chase outstanding artwork
- Co-ordinate design and editorial team in the creation of advertorials
- Put together publication dummies
- Work closely alongside compliance teams to ensure all advertising artwork fulfils the requirements of the publication
- Assist in sending both newsstand and national press publications to press
- Source and manage freelancers
- Obtain quotes from printers/ contributors/ suppliers
- Assist in the creation of new titles from the early stages of development to final production
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
- Thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
- An understanding of print production, image reproduction and PDF output for press
- Experience in a print publishing environment is an advantage
- Bachelor degree or relevant design-related qualifications or proven experience
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mac literate
Please send a CV and a covering letter addressed to James Hurst by completing the application form below.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.