You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Brentford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a Global Health Programmes Industrial Placement have to offer?
An exciting and meaningful role in the Global Health Programmes (GHP) team within the Global Health Unit (GHU). This role is a unique opportunity for a penultimate year undergraduate from any degree background with an interest in global health. GHP is responsible for managing GSK’s investment into community healthcare and access to medicine in underserved populations. The role involves a wide range of challenges from responding to urgent health needs arising from humanitarian emergencies to developing long term health system strengthening. Examples of current programmes include GSK’s partnership with Save the Children across multiple countries and our partnerships to improve access to healthcare in Africa.
The role will involve:
- Collaborating with various Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) to create innovative partnerships designed to save millions of lives in some of the world’s poorest countries.
- Establishing successful programmes to improve healthcare through capacity building, health system strengthening and the leverage of strategic partnerships.
- Utilising expertise within the business to create strategies aligned to themes within the GHU aimed at increasing the access and affordability of medicines.
- Developing proposals and follow through with the approval and launch, before project managing these strategies in various ways by taking responsibility and following up on performance reports to gain visibility of the programme and keep up to date with their delivery and spend.
- Supporting other members of the GHP team with a diverse range of tasks within their various projects.
We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about improving access to health for the world’s poorest communities, with strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills. You must also demonstrate the ability to work well to short deadlines, requiring quick uptake of new information to deliver high impact outcomes.
- You must be on track for a 2.1 or above in any undergraduate STEM degree discipline.
- A background in Life Sciences or Business-related management is desirable. You should be able to demonstrate an interest in global health issues.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS