You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Rochford, UK
- Part-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 32,400.0 per year
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
- Circa 6500 registered patients
- Parking outside surgery and bus and train a short walk
- Shops and amenities nearby
- Clinical workforce: 2 GPs, 1 Advanced Nurse Practitioner, 1 Practice Nurse; 1 HCA
- CQC Rating - Good
- Circa 3500 registered patients with a broad patient profile.
- Staff car parking available onsite, Rochford Train Station 12 minutes’ walk. The surgery is served by bus routes 7, 8, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811, 812 and 813 within 4 minutes’ walk.
- Parking outside surgery and bus and train a short walk away
- Londis minimarket nearby and central Rochford 12 minutes’ walk which has a choice of amenities including Sainsbury’s Local.
- Clinical workforce: 2 GPs; 1 Nurse Practitioner; 2 Practice Nurses
- CQC Rating - Good
The post holder is an experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care.
They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice.
The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process.
They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
In order to work at this level NMC requirement for advanced practice must be met.
- MSC in Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice
- Independent prescriber
- Teaching and Assessing in Practice
- NMC registration check
- Professional portfolio
- Special knowledge/Experience Competencies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate the application of evidence based practice
- Able to demonstrate and depth and breath of current issues and policies with in the NHS and have the ability to translate this into practice
- Autonomous practitioner working independently and in conjunction with other health care professionals.
- Very high level of clinical skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Undertaking and experience of interagency working and adult/child safeguarding
- Experience of continued professional development
PERSON SPECIFICATIONUK registered nurse with significant post registration experience
- Nurse Practitioner qualification an advantage
- Nurse Prescriber qualification essential
- Minor Illness and Injury qualification essential
- Extensive clinical experience in A&E and/ or Primary Care
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
- Effective organisational skills
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcome
- The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
- Communication skills- both verbally and in writing at all levels
- IT systems skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
- Self motivated, positive and committed
- Be flexible in order to cover annual leave and sickness of team members.
- Continue education by attending courses/study days as deemed useful for professional development
- Must keep abreast of changes and progress in nursing care.
- Have ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948