You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leicester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 20 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Categories: Digital Commerce Categories: Technology 2019 Technology Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative organisation has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
We are looking for Interns to join our 10-week Summer Internship Programme, which gives you real on-the-job work experience whilst allowing you to choose from a number of potential roles within our agile Scrum teams; such as Software Engineers, Data Architects, Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Owners and hybrid roles across the organization, giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your studies and future career. What type of work can you expect to do in Technology at American Express?
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predict future challenges
- Develop software applications as part of a Scrum team
- Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and testing
- Work with product managers to prioritise features for new products and manage a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
- Bespoke learning and development programme, e.g. technical, leadership, networking and soft skills
- Take part in social activities, charity days, and projects with other interns and graduates
Are you up for the challenge?Required:
- Creative, collaborative and curious thinker
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Capable of working well in a team environment and contributing
- Experience of developing products or projects either in an academic, professional or personal setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
- A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than specific technical experience.
Qualifications Educational RequirementsIdeally you will be a penultimate year student studying a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other scientific, technical, or creative discipline with a predicted 2:2 or above. We will also consider first year students.
LocationBurgess Hill, UK
Why American ExpressTalk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities StatementAmerican Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 6:00:00 PM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- Brighton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850