You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are searching for a very strong candidate to join our Political and Social Research Department for a one year student placement.
This role will involve working as a key member of the team, writing survey questions, scripting surveys, analysing data and producing results.
The successful candidate will assist on a range of political and social research projects, covering a wide range of subjects including everything from voting intention polling to Strictly Come Dancing predictions.
Clients will include major media organisations, academics, political parties, NGOs, charities, pressure groups, think tanks and 10 Downing Street.
Throughout the twelve-month placement you can expect to gain unrivalled experience of conducting primary quantitative research for one of the country’s most successful, innovative and well-known research organisations.
The position would be best suited to a confident, well-organised, outgoing individual who has an understanding of primary research and a desire to pursue a career in either politics or political and social research.
The role is ideal for sandwich year students and 2nd year undergraduates looking for a placement.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Producing results for publication
- Writing reports for the YouGov website and clients
- Producing questions and proposing topics for research
- Creating surveys using our in-house software
- Working with social media to disseminate news and results
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and spoken English accompanied by good numerical skills
- A strong interest in and knowledge of British politics
- An understanding of quantitative data and statistics
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- An ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
Experience using the following is desirable but not essential:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
To apply, please send your CV in PDF format and a covering letter.
Closing date: 31st December 2018.
Interviews will be held on 28th and 29th January 2019 at our London HQ.
Start date : Mid August 2019 (exact date TBC with the successful candidate).
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Science & Research
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2000