- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Feb, 2019
- Posted on 11 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We work across the Windows client and Azure services using a mix of C#, C++, XAML as well as other tools and technologies like Bot Framework, SpecFlow and anything else where appropriate.
Are you looking to join a high-performing engineering team where your experience and opinions are valued, and where we will help you to grow professionally?
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a motivated, hardworking Software Development Engineer to join the Cortana team where you will help us to develop and deliver new user-facing features and innovations to our customers.
- Collaborating with the creative team and other specialists to define and iterate on features in the Cortana client
- Working with your engineering peers to implement features on time, to specification, and to a high quality
- Implementing UI features and experiences for Cortana on Windows
QualificationsBasic Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate level (0-2 years) software engineering experience
- Experience of a C-family or similar programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical subject; or equivalent qualification or technical experience
- Experience of UI development
- Experience of .Net development & XAML
- Experience writing unit and other automation tests
- Experience of service / web back-end development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a tight deadline
- A real passion for working as part of a team and building great products that delight end users
- A drive for excellence and improvement
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In the UK, we share Microsoft’s global vision to empower every person and organisation to achieve more; but we also pursue a wide range of initiatives with particular resonance and relevance to the UK economy and culture.
From working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology we create makes life better - not just for
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1975