You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 8.5 per hour
Job Introduction:A dedicated Security Shift Manager will be required to work rotating day and night shifts over a weekly period working a regular 42 hours per week. The Shift Manager duties will encompass the management of the Front Line Protection provision of the University and be the operational point of contact and service delivery while on duty.
Role Responsibility:Customer Management:
- To support the University Head of Protection Services and G4S Contract Management in the general provision of University Protection services and/or additional events/activities
- To ensure the Crime Prevention initiatives are managed and delivered to the relevant University groups, student and societies.
- To manage and ensure 100% compliance with the manpower requirements of the contract and to provide a clear register of attendance to support invoicing
- Responsibility for completion of staff training and development for their team and assistance in contract employee resourcing and cover.
- To ensure Front Line service provision is linked and is compatible with the University’s own policies and regulations
- To maintain communication and a working understanding/relationship with local authorities/police and emergency services.
- To arrange delivery of on-going crime prevention initiatives and Fire Awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- To seek to exceed all quality targets
- To provide direction and management for the delivery of service of the University Protection Team, this is includes ensuring the deliverable of all key duties to ensure that the staff, student and visitors are working within a controlled and safe environment
- To ensure that all Security Duties are delivered within in the requirements of the University Standard Operating procedures and therefore maintaining the security of University Assets
- To Manage and escalate all emergency response procedures while on duty
- To proactively investigate and resolve Operational service issues and incidents
- Maintain correct manning levels on all sites to ensure that both contractual and temporary work orders are satisfied to Coventry University expectations.
- Ensure that all scheduled duties are entered into the G4S payroll system in a timely fashion via the operational management team. This to include regular scheduling through COSMOS.
- Ensure that working hours of all employees are managed within individual contract specification and also within WTD or any other legislative guidelines.
- Ensure that all officers are suitably trained and have adequate site instruction to carry out the required duties.
- Maintain and monitor all actual training and documentation for all security personnel on the Coventry University Contract.
- Maintain and monitor daily performance to ensure that behaviours and appearances exceed G4S expectations.
- Where applicable, take appropriate corrective action to address performance and behavioural issues. Alternatively and where a more serious issue arises, conduct a full investigation and present the facts for decision makers to act accordingly.
- Identify and nominate excellent performance through the Regional Champion recognition.
- Manage annual officer assessments and construct performance targets
- Achieve KPI targets by ensuring that monthly care visits, phase 3 and 4 training and PPS are completed via the management team for all officers in line with BS 7499.
- Actively participate in and resolve, as appropriate, any Employee issues.
- Ensure that lone worker telecontact performance is managed and corrective action taken when applicable, to achieve the required standards.
- Ensure that all officers wear appropriate uniform and PPE and that re issue is managed within budgetary guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrable operational background in the Contract Security business.
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel, along with Google programmes
- People management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to effectively time manage, plan and prioritise different elements of the workload.
- Ability to show a level of trust and respect for customers, staff and management
- Previous Front Line management or Supervisory experience within a security related field
- Full Driving License
About the Company:G4S is the world's leading provider of security solutions, with operations in over 100 countries Worldwide. G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited is one of the largest Business units in the G4S Group and the largest Security Services Company in the UK, with an annual turnover of approximately £440m and employing 20,000 people. Our success depends on the commitment of our employees to providing excellent customer service to all internal as well as external customers.
G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Apply for this job
People who applied for this job also applied for:
- Area Security Officer/Y211/118329/1Salary: £8.50 Per Hour, plus benefitsLocation: Invergordon
- Security Officer/Y211/121326/1Salary: £8.50 Per Hour, plus benefitsLocation: Inverness
- Area Relief Officer/Y211/127618Salary: £8.50 Per Hour, plus benefitsLocation: Inverness, Invergordon, Dingwall, Forres and Elgin
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We make a difference by helping people to operae in safe and secure environments where they can thrive and prosper and we believe this role can only...
- Public Services & Army
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in
105 Victoria St, Westminster, London SW1E 6QT, UK