You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
American Express is a global services company, headquartered in New York City with international operations centred in London. Our history in service and trust runs deep and we are passionate about our customers at American Express. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. Innovation and reinvention, encoded in our DNA, guide our business decisions. We have been pioneers in developing cutting-edge digital payment and loyalty products and forging partnerships with major technology companies, including Facebook, Amazon, and Uber. Today, we are engaging with emerging technologies and working with innovative start-ups. We were first to test blockchain in commercial payments using Ripple and in our loyalty programme, Membership Rewards, with Hyperledger.
Marketing is core to driving growth in our businesses. As a part of our marketing internship programme, you will have the opportunity to have real business impact by defining data-driven, customer-centric, and digital marketing strategies across the organisation and turn them into tangible deliverables for senior leaders. You will have the opportunity to grow our brand in the digital marketplace by creating compelling value propositions and marketing strategies based on extensive market and consumer data.
American Express is looking for strategic thinkers who can innovate, collaborate and possess a strong desire to solve real business problems and drive new opportunities with break-through marketing strategies. Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will get executive exposure, have the opportunity to network and learn about the Amex culture, and participate in social and community service activities.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2019 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
* Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
* Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
* Regular Speaker Series with senior management
* Social and networking events
* Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
* Develop innovative, profitable and customer-centric product strategies
* Identify opportunities and enhancements for new and existing products and services to penetrate untapped markets
* Create enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through product innovation
* Launch and measure creative marketing strategies to acquire new customers or engage existing customers
* Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
* Demonstrate value of products and services to a wide variety of consumers through marketing
* Collaborate with our external partners to develop and grow our cobrand products
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
* Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to drive results
* Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
* Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills necessary to build strong internal and external relationships
* Strong customer focus and project management skills
* Strong collaborator with the ability to work across a matrix organisation
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Results-oriented team player and individual contributor
* Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2019 and July 2020
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 12:02:16 PM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- Brighton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850