You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 04 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 380.0 per week
“This internship has been an immensely rewarding experience for me. It was a privilege to be a part of such a wonderfully supportive team that have hugely helped me improve my skills and my confidence. Ten weeks went by in an absolute flash and I come away having hopefully created a collection of work that is of value to Redgate and their customers. Would I recommend the intern programme at Redgate to others who may be interested? Absolutely. I have learned more being in such a productive environment for a brief time than I did in my entire time at University and I am extremely thankful to Redgate for providing me with the opportunity to do so.” Fraser Smith, UX Intern.
We’re looking for two UX interns with an understanding of user-centred design to join us next summer. Working closely with a development team and as part of the user experience function, you’ll play a part in making our tools ingeniously simple. Your work will focus on designing great user experiences. You’ll be involved in researching user requirements, designing user interfaces and usability testing those designs.
You’ll have a dedicated mentor from day-one, they’ll introduce you to many aspects of user experience design and help you get stuck in. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate, take a look at our design blog.
What we’ll offer you:
- The chance to work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about user experience and design, and others across the business too
- The chance to work on real commercial tools and understand how commercial concerns influence designs
- Practical experience of applying a range of tools and techniques to solve design problems for end users
- Real autonomy to work independently on a team and make decisions, with plenty of support
- We’ll meet with you regularly to review your work and give you constructive feedback about how to improve
What’s the package?
- You’ll be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours
- You’ll start in July for a minimum of ten weeks over the summer holiday
You’ll also get some great Redgate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment
- No dress code
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Regular social activites and events with fellow Redgaters and interns
What we are looking for
Are you fanatical about user experience? Do you have an interest in technology and design?
What makes you Redgate’s next user experience intern?
- You’re able to analyse and understand challenging problems and devise simple design solutions
- You’re able to present ideas and rationale through discussion and visual presentation
- You have some familiarity with usability research and evaluation techniques
- You have some experience with wireframing/prototyping tools
- You’re able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- You have a genuine passion for design, with an eye for detail and aesthetics
What would help?
- Some examples of your work which demonstrate your passion for design
- Example of any extra-circular UX/design work (or related activities) you have been involved with (e.g. assisting with the design of a website, attending conferences/ seminars, learning about related web technologies)
Must be studying a HCI or design related degree programme and returning to the programme after completion of the internship at university.
Accepted degree subjects
- art and design
How to apply
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first. If you can include a link to some samples of your work – even better.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/09/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Redgate Software
We help over 800,000 people in every type of organization around the world, from small and medium sized businesses to 91% of companies in the Fortune 100 - including Walt Disney, Intel, Amazon, and Yorkshire Water.
Our SQL Toolbelt helps u
- Technology & IT
- Cambridge, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1999
Newnham House, Cowley Park, Cambridge, UK