You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
One of the world’s largest Investment Managers are looking for an experienced Manager to come on board as a Personal Investor Services Manager.
The role will be to support the Head of Personal experience by developing the Retail Direct business, through excellent client service, on-boarding and maintenance.
This role will require a large degree of flexibility; working on design of the team operating model, to handling client queries directly, to day to day oversight of the team. The Team Lead will ensure UKRD’s compliance with regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with Head of Personal Experience to design, test and build the service offering and continue to reengineer.
- Act as Point of Contact for the team and represent the voice of the client by identifying client trends. Understands the needs and expectations of clients and ensures that our service model evolves to meet their needs. Recognises client requirements across different client types. Uses judgement to make approval/non-approval decisions regarding non-routine transactions.
- Provide day to day supervision and approvals for Personal Experience staff. Provide guidance, training and motivation necessary to develop staff. Works closely with Head of Personal Experience to define expected service standards for clients and manages clients work on a day to day basis, escalating where appropriate.
- Ensure that all client inquiries are responded to and that all services are delivered professionally and within defined service levels. Ensure quality of service through crew monitoring and coaching. Will spend 50% of time dealing directly with client enquiries.
- Reviews complex client requests and escalates when appropriate –- using research, reviewing client accounts, risk evaluation, and offering just-in-time resolutions to the client. Drafts assistance of Vanguard expert groups as needed and ensures follow through to address client needs. Responsible for complaint resolution and handling and servicing clients that are sensitive and need improved service recovery.
- Mentors and acts as a resource for onboarding new crew and supporting existing crew through the development process in the department. Demonstrates the ability to participate actively in the development of others. Serves as a supplemental coach for the department, supporting technical and investment acumen and CRM skills. Identifies, implements and coaches to best client service practices. Ensures the sustainability of new initiatives.
- Manages relationships with internal/external service providers and internal customers (i.e. Sales, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Data Management, Fund Financial Services and Marketing). Promotes global teamwork and facilitates communications and coordination amongst various groups.
- Participates in business risk/issues programs focusing on identifying and mitigating key business risks and building a robust controls framework. Participates in and is responsible for responding to the findings of internal compliance, risk, and audit reviews. Leads or provides input on initiatives covering client reporting, data, web development, transfer agency services or similar, regulatory implementation and communication, service standard development and investment services.
- Supports the requirement for team management information including weekly and quarterly reports and metrics. Maintains an appropriate level of the company and industry knowledge; keeps current on policies and objectives; continues to expand knowledge of Retail clients needs; keeps current on the competition, including types and levels of service offered. Reviews client satisfaction measurement results and competitive measures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow corporate performance management procedures. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years of industry/technology related experience ideally within the Institutional client environment.
- Minimum four years in a management role preferred (people and performance management/development experience).
- Strong foundation of mutual fund industry and good knowledge of pensions, fund distribution and/or asset management
- Operational experience related to transfer agency, custody, fund accounting or transition management would be useful.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven project management and problem-solving skills.
- Sound business judgement and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse, multi-functional group.
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop staff.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Welcome to the Michael Page global company profile.
Michael Page has four decades of expertise in professional services recruitment. We were established in London in 1976, and over this period we've grown organically to become one of the best-known and most respected consultancies, with an office network spanning six continents.
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1976