You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our Airport Planners form part of a multidisciplinary team that collectively provide Airport Development solutions to airports across the globe. With over 50 years of industry experience, Arup staff have worked on a wide range of projects at more than 100 airports, with over $30 billion in constructed projects. The services we offer include:
- Airport master planning.
- Passenger terminal planning.
- Airfield planning.
- Demand & capacity analysis.
- Technical due diligence.
- Airport-specific transaction advice.
- Airport Infrastructure-specific cost analysis.
- Baggage systems development.
- Baggage operations planning and management.
- Airfield and terminal simulation.
- Ancillary/support facility planning.
- Management of complex aviation design projects.
- Airport logistics.
Our planning experts work side by side with specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including transport planners, architects, engineers, business advisors and environmental consultants. Our combined efforts are pushing the boundaries of airport performance, which in turn stimulates growth in economies all around the world.
We work hard to foster good relationships with everyone involved in the planning process – including national governments, regional partnerships or agencies, local planning authorities, airport operators, airlines and developers as well the wider community and stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification or standard, whilst maintaining control and drive of their own career.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. Projects can vary in duration which helps to provide a diverse working environment.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of reports, bids and tenders.
- Preparation of client presentations.
- Simulation modelling (airfield and terminal).
- Design, analysis and planning of airside, terminal and landside concepts.
- Collecting benchmark data.
- Ensuring the validity of data produced by the team.
- Network and liaison with other internal departments to assist with project completion.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the aviation and airport planning industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills.
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities.
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus.
- Profit share scheme.
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension.
- Opportunities to work on international projects.
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world.
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment.
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946
8 Fitzroy Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8TX