You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are considering candidates at all levels for this role and this could suit candidates who are ready for that step up to advisor looking to go into law or who already work in a legal environment, we ideally would like for someone to have experience in training and coaching. This internal specialist role has an international remit and would suit someone looking to leverage their ability to build strong relationships in order to deliver commercially focused development initiatives. The role will involve a range of duties including responding to individual development queries, negotiating fees with external providers and identifying suitable coaching providers through to leading on firm wide programmes and supporting international roll outs.
The L&D Advisor will be responsible for:
- Developing strong internal relationships with our practice groups and Business Services functions.
- Initiating development conversations and identifying training and development needs throughout the business.
- Designing and delivering commercially focused learning programmes.
- Project managing the delivery of the firm’s annual development programmes.
- Reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of all programmes and learning initiatives.
- Supporting the development and delivery of firm-wide projects and initiatives e.g. sector awareness, client programmes and the trainee Compass programme.
- Taking budgetary responsibility for training / programmes as allocated by the Head of Talent Development and L&D Manager.
- Delegating to the L&D Assistant.
- Producing management information to support the L&D operation.
- Working closely and managing relationships with external suppliers.
- Developing own external network to support the sharing and introduction of new ideas.
Person Specification:We are looking for a proven and experienced L&D professional with:
- Relevant experience of working within a L&D team, ideally in a professional services firm.
- Strong academic record
- An ability to identify learning needs and apply the appropriate learning intervention.
- A creative approach to designing and implementing learning solutions, including virtual or non-classroom based learning where appropriate.
- An international & commercially focused mind-set.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and delegate effectively in order to achieve results.
- A strong ‘client-service’ attitude; experience of working with key internal and external stakeholders.
- IT literacy with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheets.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Free fruit for staff members
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- All year round dress down
- We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
- All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Simmons & Simmons
Simmons & Simmons is a leading international law firm with offices in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have built our practice around local lawyers who understand their country's culture, business and language. Our integrated international teams provide the right balance of local knowledge and seamless global service.<
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1896