- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 19 Apr, 2019
- Posted on 02 Nov, 2018
Kier Group is a leading property, residential, construction and services group, which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. With proven expertise in building, civil engineering, support services, public/private house building, property development and structured property financing, Kier is a partner people can trust.
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through our values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Being a responsible corporation is something we take very seriously. Our group of companies plays a significant part in the daily life of millions of people – whether they are our own employees, our clients or the public we serve. Kier incorporates responsible behaviour at every stage, and how our choices affect our communities, our people and our environment is important.
We are currently recruiting talented Civil Engineer undergraduate students seeking a 12 month Industrial Placement to start in August 2019.
A Civil Engineer helps envision, build and maintain varying construction and infrastructure projects. In this role you will be responsible for providing support to the Civil Engineers in the design, build, operation and maintenance on one of our exciting projects.
What you need to qualify:
- We look for those who embody our company ethos
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work proactively with a keen interest in devolving their careers within the Industry
- Live the Kier values, collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
- Academically you’ll on course to achieve a 2.1 or above on a Civil Engineering related programme and accredited by a professional body
- You should be required to complete a 12 month Industrial Placement as part of your degree
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Potential progression into the business to secure your future career with us as a Graduate if you perform like a star
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Kier Group
Welcome to Kier. If you're keen to take the first steps in a career in construction, you've come to the right place.
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate across a range of sectors including def
- Property & Construction
- Sandy, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1992