- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 14,000.0 per year
We are looking for an apprentice to complete in-house on the job training within the small Finance team at N+1 Siner. The purpose of this role is to support the Finance function with all aspects related to supplier management. You will need to have a desire to work in a professional office environment alongside a motivated working attitude.As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.
About N+1 SingerN+1 Singer is a leading investment bank dedicated to serving small and medium-sized companies in the UK. They advise, structure and execute IPOs, secondary offerings, private placements and M&As. Recognised in 2016 by the London Stock Exchange as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and in 2017 by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, they are now one of the top three advisers and brokers on the London Stock Exchange’s junior market.
Located near Bank station, London.
Responsibilities as the Accounts Payable Assistant Apprentice, you will:
- Purchase Ledger and Reconciliations.
- Handle supplier relationships; identification of alternative suppliers and potential cost savings.
- Handle credit terms and the settlement of invoices.
- Liaise with internal personnel to ensure fees and recharged expenses are correctly accounted for, ensuring all invoices/expenses/costs are recovered (where appropriate).
- Show initiative - making proposals and drawing up action plans.
- Carry out ’sense check’ of information and question areas for concern.
- Ensure compliance with all internal audit and finance procedures.
- Regular reporting.
Hours: 8:30 - 17:30, Mondays to Fridays.
After completing your Accounting apprenticeship you will be awarded: i) AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping. ii) AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
After your Accounting apprenticeship progress into a full-time role as Junior Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Junior Tax Consultant or Audit Assistant. You can also complete the ACCA qualification into Chartered Accountancy
- Training will be on the 18 months, Assistant Accountant advanced level Standard.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
Skills and soft skills required
- 1. A quick learner with excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- The ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Able to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise The ability to proactively questions everything to improve quality and processes.
- An approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none.
- The ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- B grade at Maths GCSE.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- A good knowledge of IT packages e.g Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets etc.
WhiteHatYou’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Technology & IT, Academia & Education, Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK