You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Description of Duties
* Portfolio of Corporate client credit connections, including Problem asset credits. Credit management is based on sector alignment, however, the portfolio will include sectors involving a heavier weighting to the German corporate market.
* Maintaining active focus on working with front office deal teams to ensure promise-keeping delivery to clients
* Proactively managing the interaction and communication with marketing officers, obtaining requisite information in order to complete the analysis, discuss and agree applicable conditions and instructions.
* Attend meetings with marketing officers, articulate CD risk perception and appetite for a transaction / counterparty in line with the bank's policies and procedures
* Assist other team members when less busy by taking work, particularly in times of strong work flow and absences, to ensure that the work is fairly distributed.
* Work collaboratively with other risk disciplines (market risk, operational risk, reputation risk) where appropriate to ensure enterprise wide view of risk is considered for a counterparty, portfolio, asset class etc.
* Extensive experience in a credit management role within major Tier 1 international bank(s).
* In depth experience of undertaking corporate credit analysis in a structured manner enabling clear identification and articulation of risk issues, and how these are mitigated
* In depth experience of engaging with front office professional to manage credit transactions from inception to close
* Providing appropriate challenge to front office on risk issues of a client / transaction, and developing suitable workable solutions
* Strong evidence of the ability to work independently in order to manage actively transactions deadlines, with early escalation to senior management of material issues.
* Partnering with key stakeholders, and influencing senior management both within the Credit Department and front office units.
* Preparation and / or analysis of appropriate forward looking projections to generate clear articulation of risk appetite
* Experience of problem asset management or work outs would also be an advantage
* Strong working knowledge of corporate loan products, trade finance products, and derivative products including appropriate documentation and current market trends.
* Strong German language skills, and knowledge of German corporate markets (large and mid-caps) is a key differentiator.
* Experience of a front office / marketing role and knowledge of key players in the corporate and trade finance market also is also an advantage
Specific Qualifications / Skills Required
* Degree level education or equivalent professional qualifications (eg: ACA, ACCA, ACT). Preference also for CFA qualification.
* Advanced level credit skills
* High level of IT literacy
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to support preparation of succinct, and focused credit papers
* Strong preference for candidate with high degree of German language fluency, and knowledge of the German corporate markets.
* Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills
Personal Characteristics / Other Information
* While committing to the team objectives, demonstrate personal accountability for delivery of personal actions
* Highly disciplined person with ability to form and express well reasoned arguments and to influence senior management
* Ability to seek and respond to guidance from CD colleagues in order to steer marketing staff in both new business development and to act as a credit gatekeeper detecting problem loans.
* Have a broad network of professional relationships within the financial / sponsor communities.
* Possess and maintain up to date knowledge of key trends in the corporate and trade finance market.
* Flexibility to get involved in ad hoc projects and have an open mind and attitude for any problem solving and change
* Strong problem solving skills, combined with positive "can-do" attitude
* Demonstrable ambition and clear desire to contribute to both personal and Bank's growth & development.
* Acts with highest standards of integrity and fairness to colleagues and clients
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Welcome to the Michael Page global company profile.
Michael Page has four decades of expertise in professional services recruitment. We were established in London in 1976, and over this period we've grown organically to become one of the best-known and most respected consultancies, with an office network spanning six continents.
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1976