- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 20 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
Advanced Digital Engineering
We are a centre of excellence for digital in Arup. We combine advanced digital, engineering, technical, and project expertise to add new value for clients.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
What are we looking for?
We have an opportunity for graduate technology and strategy consultants to work as part of a team, develop skills across all areas of the business whilst gaining experience in technology appraisal, business analysis, process improvement, enterprise architecture, economic and investment planning as well as the specification and operations of technology systems and services. This role will be focussed on technology and strategy consultancy projects across all the sectors we work in.
What will Arup offer you?
The opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced and diverse working environment. Arup searches for the highest calibre recruits and supports and encourages enhancement of skills and career advancement.
The position will be based in London but it is expected that the successful candidate will be willing to travel to other offices (including international locations) and work there for short periods.
What will you offer Arup?
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
Arup offers its employees opportunities to become involved in activities and areas of work beyond the scope of any job description. You should be a well-rounded person in terms of interests and ambitions as we look forward to you getting involved and becoming fully integrated into the Arup community.
- A degree (ideally a 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis or Systems Engineering is required.
We are particularly keen on hearing from applicants that have knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- IT / Digital strategy – understanding of how technology can support or drive organisational or industry level change. Able to analyse and articulate how technology can create business value and competitive advantage.
- Information systems & architecture – ability to examine the role and effectiveness of information systems in delivering business processes and goals. Technical ability to examine the integration between systems in creating value.
- Data & information – understanding of data and information management principles, including organisation, storage, dissemination and security considerations, together with the ability to identify opportunities to leverage data and information.
- Human factors – understanding of organisational change, and the ability to identify change impacts of technology on people and processes.
- IT project management – ability to manage IT projects through structured and recognised principles over their full lifecycle; this includes development of a business case, planning and managing delivery of project activities, resource, scope and risk management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including a competitive salary and welcome bonus, profit share scheme, a flexible benefits fund and generous pension.
What else can you expect?
- Opportunities to work on international projects.
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world.
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment.
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills.
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946
8 Fitzroy Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8TX