You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Manchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 24 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Fire engineering is a fundamental component of multidisciplinary design in the built environment. At Arup Fire, we aim to be at the forefront and leading edge of our industry. Arup specialists work closely with clients to help them define their goals and objectives. Our innovative solutions go beyond compliance to include social, economic and environmental goals, as well as protection of people, assets, reputation and operation. Through our work, we believe we shape a safer world.
Our work involves providing fire safety advice in a number of sectors, such as residential, rail, tunnels, education, industrial and commercial. Graduate fire engineers are immediately integrated into design teams and start contributing to the delivery of projects from day one. Examples of projects that graduate fire engineers have worked on in recent years include the Shard, Crossrail, and Birmingham.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
You’ll be involved in:
- Developing your expertise as a fire engineering consultant and involved in aspects of fire safety engineering
- Preparing fire strategies in coordination with the engineering design team
- Using software design programmes and visit sites to monitor the implement fire strategies
- Attaining the goal of becoming a Chartered Engineer through mentorship and support of the teams
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates who are inspired to learn and try new experiences with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Fire Engineering sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946