You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 0.5 per hour
As a Finance Assistant at Secret Escapes you will be pivotal to the timely and accurate financial reporting to the group and external stakeholders.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
As we continue to grow we are pushing ourselves to produce ever more timely and accurate financial results to the Secret Escapes Group and external stakeholders.
We have recently transitioned to a new accounting system (NetSuite) and an integral part of keeping our information flow up-to-date is derived from ensuring that all transactions are reconciled in order to provide real-time reporting.
We also need to provide insightful financial analysis to answer questions from across the company to provide valued insight into our financial results and how other members of the Group can impact them.
Things you’ll be working on
- A key part of keeping our business moving is knowing how much cash we have on any one day in order to make thousands of hotel payments. We have a large number of bank accounts in different currencies and need to reconcile these on a daily basis.
- As we are still adopting a new system, there is scope for an adept and tech-savy operational owner to design and own the process and other related areas
- Once we have reconciled all bank accounts for 2018 there will be more time spent on analysis to understand the drivers of reconciling items and other anomalies
- The role could also comprise some monthly management account tasks including:
- balance sheet reconciliations
- creation of new import templates in NetSuite
- There is also the expectation that the role will come to include analysing actuals vs budget to explain unusual movements in the management accounts and providing data from NetSuite to answer questions from the Finance Managers and budget holders within the business.
How the magic happens
Secret Escapes has a turnover of c£0.5bn and is growing rapidly. We are a team of about 50 people, spread over London, Berlin, Warsaw and Prague and covering finance, payments, legal, tax and fraud.
We cover most of the things with a financial or legal angle, including collecting money from customers and making sure staff, hotels, tour operators and suppliers get paid the right amount at the right time. We provide useful information to the business to enable us to make smart decisions and facilitate our expansion into new territories or products. Last but not least, it is our job to keep tax authorities, regulators, auditors, banks and those who give us credit happy.
The deal breakers
- Accounting related undergraduate degree or relevant accounting experience / part qualified accountant. The company will support you studying towards an accounting qualification should you wish to pursue this.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and processes such as bank reconciliations, cost and revenue recognition.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel including v lookup and pivot tables in order to analyse data exported from different systems.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels.
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Able to prioritise and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
Beneficial but not essential
- Enthusiastic and driven.
Things you should know
We are a friendly and diverse team. Be prepared for some terrible puns, fun nights out, random trivia moments and a much more modern approach to finance.All JobsMap data ©2018 GoogleWebsiteWhat are your salary expectations? What is your Notice Period? Where is your favorite Holiday destination? Please can you confirm your eligibility status to work in the UK? Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence? If yes, please give full details below: (You must declare all convictions, unless they are declared as spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Failure to declare previous convictions may amPlease answer all the questions before submitting your application
Please make sure your Bio is at least 60% complete before applying to Jobs.
Your application for Finance Assistant has been submitted, continue your search to find other jobs.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Secret Escapes
Before starting Secret Escapes, we wondered why booking a holiday always felt like hard work – the price compariso
- Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- in London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2010