You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Hastings, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We aim to grow and nurture future talent allowing graduates to become the best and most innovative engineers they can be. The General Dynamics UK Engineering Graduate Scheme allows successful candidates to work across a number of different departments and engineering roles contributing to solution design, solution delivery and solution sustainment within the two business lines of General Dynamics UK.
The engineering graduate scheme runs for 24 months and consists of up to four six-month rotations across the business streams (there is some flexibility here). These rotations ensure that you gain experience and a full appreciation of how General Dynamics UK operates. You will gain hands-on experience undertaking activities under the supervision and guidance from mentors and managers.
Your first year will include a range of training courses, covering technical, interpersonal and team working, to develop skills that are fundamental to the business. Graduates will form multi-disciplined teams where you will learn about the various programmes and business streams, carrying out research and presenting back findings to the business.
Graduates joining General Dynamics UK will be expected to add value from day one. Through the development programme and through work experience in departmental areas, graduates will develop into valuable members of the business and possibly our future leaders.
Once you have successfully completed the graduate scheme, you will become an engineer in the relevant and chosen area of the business. Your manager/supervisor will help and guide your development and ensure that your personal development plan is aligned with your own career aspirations which might include further study for some.
The Electronic Systems business unit, based in Hastings, designs and develops advanced Avionics products and solutions for Fixed Wing and Rotary aircraft including the UK Typhoon jet fighter, also Wildcat and Merlin helicopters.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:00 03:02 03:02 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles General Dynamics UK graduate scheme 2018
General Dynamics UK graduate scheme 2018
Working under the supervision of a Software lead fulfill the following:
- Assess software capability needs and/or problems and generate a set of software solution requirements.
- Develop those solution requirements into a software design and software implementation using the project specific toolset.
- Work with other project engineers to carry-out hardware and software integration activities.
- Test and verify the software solutions against the initial requirements.
- Interface to the customer community to help resolve any customer or field-test issues.
- A personalised development plan and regular progress reviews.
- Professional training and development courses – internal and external.
- Secondments for hands-on business and technical experience and learning.
- Further and higher education support to gain additional or professional qualifications.
- We also currently run a Chartered Engineering Programme to support engineers to achieve professional registration with the UK Engineering Council as an IEng (Incorporated Engineer) or CEng (Chartered Engineer).
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Life and health insurance.
- An employee assistance programme.
- A lifestyle package offering discounted goods and services.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics UK is one of the UK’s leading defence companies, and an important supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD).
General Dynamics UK is committed to delivering cutting-edge capability to the UK Ministry of Defence and to customers overseas - ensuring those operating on the frontline can do so effectively.
- Public Services & Army, Engineering & industrial
- Blackwood, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1962