- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About Ashurst:Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations Business Area – Human Resources Role: Learning and Development Manager Location: Based in London. Travel will be required Reporting to: Head of Learning and Organisational Development Hours of work –0930-1730, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:The global Learning and Organisational Development team is a centralised team based in two hubs, Sydney and London, with support in Glasgow and Brisbane. The team works as one team, providing the same high quality learning experience and global offerings to our people in 26 offices around the world.
This role reports to the global Head of L&OD based in Sydney and plays a key role in developing the capability of our people across EMEA/US and contributing to firm-wide talent and organisational development initiatives.
The L&OD team is part of the HR function and is responsible for a range of learning and development programmes, projects and services including business skills development for all levels from vacation clerks to partner and business support staff across the firm. The L&D Manager needs to think strategically but also needs the ability to pay close attention to detail to manage programmes and services across multiple levels in multiple geographies. They must have exceptional communication skills including strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills; the ability to supervise junior team members day to day; and the ability to work closely and collaborate with colleagues based in Australia.
- Design, deliver and evaluate learning and development activities
- Manage L&OD offerings for various offices across EMEA/US
- Facilitate skills training for partners, clerks, trainees, associates and business services staff – both face to face and through remote technologies
- Contribute to the management of L&OD systems, policies and processes including needs analysis, planning, budgeting, recording and reporting
- Contribute to the promotion of learning and organisational development throughout the firm, and develop and improve learning approaches, including through coaching and the use of technology where appropriate
- Build and sustain productive relationships with partners and other business leaders and stakeholders to support the efficient and effective operation of the L&OD function
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to partners and other business leaders on L&OD matters
- Assist practice and business services teams with their learning and development activities as appropriate
- Deliver client training as appropriate including client training for senior stakeholders
- Contribute to L&OD projects and broader HR or firm projects
- Contribute to relevant administration of the function including training records, budgeting, communications and reporting as required
- Supervise junior team members
- Identify and liaise with internal faculty/SMEs and external providers for L&OD activities and negotiate cost-effective services and fees as appropriate
- One to one coaching as needed
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Learning and organisational development professional (preferably within a law firm environment)
- Significant experience in skills training design and delivery to wide audiences including senior stakeholders
- Strong facilitation experience including business skills training relating to communication and interpersonal skills, presentation skills, leadership and management skills, resilience and wellbeing, business development and practice management
- Experience in building blended learning solutions and applying innovative thinking
- Ability to design programmes, initiatives and material in consultation with business leaders and subject matter experts
- Ability to provide ongoing reporting and analysis on training activities
- Ability to manage budget for training programmes
- Adept at building rapport and building effective working relationships with people at different levels.
- Displays emotional maturity and good judgment with the ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Proactive with excellent organisational skills - able manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to drive projects in a proactive manner
- Able to work collaboratively in a geographically dispersed team
- Able to effectively supervise and support the development of junior team members
- Degree qualified (and CIPD qualification relating to training or a higher adult education qualification highly regarded)
Desired skills and experience
- Law firm, professional services or corporate experience preferred
- Understanding of the legal environment and lawyers' work practices
- Accreditation in psychometric assessment (eg MBTi or Facet5) highly regarded
- Online facilitation experience (eg using WebEx)
- Coaching knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of Learning Management Systems
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822
Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2HA, UK
Your personalised job suggestions
Graduate at AMBITIOUS ABOUT AUTISM
Graduate at AMBITIOUS ABOUT AUTISM