- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Description & Program Overview
Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) provides advice and services to large corporations, governments and institutions around the world. GCIB provides the firm’s clients with a broad range of services and products, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice, lending, access to debt and equity capital markets, treasury services and tailored risk management solutions.
Global Corporate and Investment Banking is split into four areas:
- Corporate Banking
- Debt Capital Markets
- Equity Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
Global Corporate Banking is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division (GCIB) at Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML). Our team is focused on managing the day-to-day relationship with our clients as well as providing strategic advice across a variety of financing and treasury solutions across the bank. Global Corporate Banking is organised on a geographic basis, serving a diverse range of clients and industries across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Outside the US, our focus is on large global multinational corporate and financial institution clients. Within EMEA, we provide global solutions to the largest corporate and financial institution clients headquartered across the region, as well as subsidiaries of our large global multinational clients.
At BofAML, we operate a dual coverage model – with Corporate and Investment banking teams working seamlessly together to deliver the entire firm to our clients. The Corporate Banking team is responsible for delivering financing, treasury and risk management solutions to our clients, and the Global Investment Banking team manages the strategic dialogue (including Mergers & Acquisitions advisory as well as equity capital markets). In addition, Global Corporate Banking manages the firm’s balance sheet allocation to our clients in coordination with our Wholesale Credit and Risk teams. As a client coverage relationship management function focused on delivering the bank’s full suite of capabilities and solutions, Global Corporate Banking works alongside colleagues in Global Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets and Global Treasury Services to provide holistic advice and best-in-class execution services across:
Capital Structure Advisory: Including the preparation of detailed financial models and analytical presentations in order to offer holistic advice regarding clients’ debt funding strategy
Debt Capital Raising (Loans, Bonds, Leasing, and Acquisition Finance): Working closely with our colleagues in the Debt Capital Markets and Leasing groups to help clients issue debt across various markets, either as part of their regular financing plans or in the context of a strategic transaction e.g. an acquisition
Risk Management (FX, Rates and Commodities): Partnering with colleagues across the bank’s various risk management groups to deliver solutions and products that help to mitigate clients exposure to interest rates, currencies and commodities
Treasury Solutions (Working Capital & Liquidity, Cash Management and Trade Finance): Solutions that help to optimise clients’ working capital cycle, cash flows and cash balances, such as corporate credit cards, trade finance and liquidity / cash management
Global Corporate Banking covers a broad array of areas across the financial markets, with a need to work on a range of complex transactions and solutions with a diverse range of people across the bank, globally, to deliver for our clients.
As a Summer Analyst within Corporate Banking, you will:
- Assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination and execution across a diverse set of product areas
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, the industries in which they operate and how the bank helps support both their growth aspirations and day-to-day banking requirements
- Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients' specific needs
- Become proficient at credit analytics and the various metrics used to price and structure various debt instruments
- Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various debt instruments as key step in debt execution
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
- Help to generate ideas and cross selling opportunities for new and existing clients
- Assist in the development of client specific analysis (e.g. capital structure, acquisition finance)
- Work closely with Investment Banking teams on client coverage and origination
- Candidates are required to be a recent graduate or in their penultimate or final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles.
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-work, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
Application Deadline: November 15 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK