You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 04 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Want to work on cutting-edge technologies? Do you enjoy playing on a winning team and being part of something bigger than yourself? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Procter & Gamble is a leading global consumer goods company whose winning brands are built around the model of innovation. P&G Engineers have the technical curiosity and knowledge to develop new approaches to big problems by analyzing, crafting, solving problems, and improving manufacturing process technologies, systems, and facilities.
P&G Engineers deliver ground-breaking Engineering Solutions around the Globe every single day. Innovative equipment design has helped bring to market all of Gillette's new products including Mach3, Venus and Fusion.
What you can expect from an Internship with us
By being part of our Engineering team you'll apply your degree experience to real world problems. You'll showcase your skills working on ground-breaking technologies and experience what an engineering career can be like with Gillette/P&G. Our intern projects are intended to give you a chance to create a meaningful contribution to our business, while supporting your academic training with work which will allow for creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
You will experience of the working environment in a leading international company.The type of project work we assign varies from engineering design through to project engineering of continuous improvement opportunities on our production equipment. Primarily these assignments will be research, design and evaluation of technical opportunities linked to our existing and new equipment design. We have a variety of technical challenges available for you in polymer processing (Injection moulding), blade manufacture, high speed assembly equipment design, Robotics, packaging, instrumentation/control engineering and process development.
Potential Intern positions include:
• Packaging Engineering,
• Control Systems Engineering,
• Process Engineering,
• Mechanical design,
• Robotics and other related positions.
Duration: We offer Internships that run for 10-12 weeks in the summer break, and one year placements.
Location: Reading and London (Egham) Innovation Centres.Interns may be required to travel within Europe to P&G manufacturing facilities and equipment suppliers.
What we offer you
Responsibilities as of Day 1
You will feel the ownership of your project(s) from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities, as part of a European project team that includes Senior Management.
You will work with passionate people and be given all the technical training needed to be successful in the role. You will receive a customized learning plan to ensure that you get the right level of coaching and formal training by your manager who will assist with mentoring and advice through your internship.
Dynamic and respectful work environment
Employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
You will get paid an attractive salary for the work you deliver and the best interns have potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
What we look for
To take advantage of this opportunity you are passionate about a career in technical innovation and engineering world-class product and equipment manufacturing solutions.
• Students in their penultimate year of a superior degree.
• Engineering students from a range of mechanical, electrical and material engineering related backgrounds (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, Polymer Technology, Control Engineering).
• Demonstrated history of academic excellence at all stages through school and university education.• Strong base understanding of engineering principles within your chosen field and the ability to work in a structured way as part of a team.
• Skills such as technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and the ability to collaborate.• Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
• You should be eligible to work in the UK and have a current passport.
How do you apply?
• Just apply via clicking the button below• Attach your CV in English (include examples of the challenging experiences you have had both within and outside academia)• Attach an overview/average of your latest grades (feel free to provide your own summary)• Please note individual attachments cannot be larger than 100 KB
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Health & Social Care, Science & Research, Consumer goods
- Weybridge, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1837