You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leicester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The OverviewBritish Gas Business (BGB) is the business-to-business division of British Gas, one of the world’s oldest companies with a history dating over 200 years. We now have a great opportunity for a Technical Process and Controls Analyst to join us.
- Location: Leicester - Spinneyside (LE19 1SZ)
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- Full time; Permanent
The RoleWorking as part of a small, agile and innovative team that is pioneering a new way of working within British Gas, you will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of BG Lite (the smart new energy service for small businesses) MI processes and tactical solutions.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Ensure the BG Lite reporting layer is up to date and useable
- Support in building new tactical solutions to improve business processes
- Learn the BG Lite MI Server data model and understand SQL server databases
- Keep process documentation clear and up to date
- Understand the dependencies between processes, ensuring the correct running order
- Building new reports in Power BI
- Developing and maintaining new processes in workflow science
- Gather and document reporting requirements, thinking outside of these requirements to translate this into meaning full logic and automated reports
The PersonWe're looking for someone with strong analytical skills, demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills. A proactive self-starter who is able to analyse multiple sources of information to drive insights and solve problems.
We need you to have the ability to identify and articulate the 'art of the possible' and translate this into technical solutions that can take the business forward. You'll need to be comfortable working in a fast paced, agile environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
You'll also need the following skills and experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Maths or relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Good experience of working in a technical environment
- Experience of data extraction, manipulation and mining along with database administration using SQL Server
- Experience in creating tactical solutions using MS Access and MS Excel
- Power BI and Workflow Science experience would be an advantage
- Experience of interpreting business needs and transitioning these into delivery of strategic MI
- VBA coding experience is desirable
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- Windsor, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997