You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 16,000.0 per year
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-presented and respectful individual with a willingness to learn within a front desk role at the Hoxton Hotel in Holborn. Your role as the front of house apprentice is to provide naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests. Reporting to their Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for providing check in/check out services for our guests and acting as their first point of contact when they enter The Hoxton.
As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.
About The Hoxton
Ever since they opened our first hotel in Shoreditch back in 2006, The Hoxton has never just been about offering a bed for the night. They want to be more than that: providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces, and proving style don’t need to be sacrificed for good value.
Location: near Holborn station, London.
Description of the job:
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges.
- To deal with the arrival and departure processes for all guests.
- To deal with the in-house guests accounting and ensures the accuracy of guest billing.
- Assists the guest services manager and front office manager with the daily overbooking levels and liaises with all departments to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Ensures all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and website.
- Resolves all guest queries and problems with enthusiasm and in a prompt manner.
- Ensures all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- To work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ensuring all items raised which may cause hard to guests or other employees are addressed immediately to the duty manager.
- To achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service at all times.
- To assist fellow colleagues both within and outside your normal department where possible to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times.
Please be aware that this job description is designed to provide guidelines of your role but, from time-to-time, the business may require to perform tasks that may not be listed but are vital to the success of the hotel.
Working 40 hours per week. There are shift work and potential work over the holidays and weekends.
Entry requirements / Things to consider
- Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
- You will also have good knowledge of IT including all Microsoft packages.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship you must ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Be a Camden resident OR educated in Camden.
- The right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Resident in an EU country for the past 3 years.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Opera PMS knowledge preferred.
- Keen to learn.
- Most importantly someone who enjoys being part of a team and is not shy to put in the work that’s required – when it’s required.
- An outgoing person with a positive mindset.
- Loves to work in a team.
- Enjoys being “on stage”.
- Finds it easy to talk to strangers.
- Happy to work shifts (early, late, middle, night).
- Understands that it’s part of the job to work when others are off, who is prepared to work over Christmas and NYE etc.
- Keen to join a diverse team and a progressive company with lots of future opportunities and a pretty great network of amazing people.
- Training on the 18 months, Business Administration advanced level Standard.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Technology & IT, Academia & Education, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK