You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 400.0 per week
With approximately 1,100 lawyers in offices on three continents around the world, Weil operates according to the “one firm” principle, allowing us to bring the right mix of firm-wide skill and local-market presence to deliver the coordinated legal advice necessary to help our clients achieve their sophisticated goals and objectives.
We have up to 30 places on our two-week paid schemes, which run during the spring and summer each year. Applications are open to all post-graduates and undergraduates (except first years), whatever degree discipline you are studying or have studied.
A vacation scheme is the best way to get hands-on experience working with our team and to see what delivering advice on some of the most high profile and complex matters entails. On our schemes you can expect:
- To experience two different practice areas
- To undertake real work, contributing to live matters. Your supervisors will be on-hand for support and guidance throughout
- The support of a trainee buddy as well as regular touch-points with Graduate Recruitment
- To learn about Weil’s work through a range of seminars and practice area talks
- To enjoy a number of social events, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and get to know our lawyers in a more relaxed setting
- To be assessed for a training contract throughout your time on the vacation scheme. A number of assessed elements are scheduled throughout the scheme including: a group exercise, a client pitch and a final round interview with two partners
- To be paid £400 per week
You will need:
- A real interest in pursuing a career in commercial law at Weil
- To have achieved AAB/340 UCAS points or equivalent across three A Levels
- To be on track to achieve a 2:1 or 1st
Applications open on 4 October 2018.
The deadline for all applications is 14 January 2019.
Interviews will take place at the London office in January and February 2018.
Vacation Scheme dates
- Spring Vacation Scheme – Monday 8 April – Thursday 18 April 2019
- Summer Vacation Scheme – 1st Intake – Monday 24 June – Friday 5 July 2019
- Summer Vacation Scheme – 2nd Intake – Monday 8 July – Friday 19 July 2019
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1931
110 Fetter Ln, London EC4A 1AY, UK