You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Koszalin, Poland
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Software Development Engineer Placement
Are you ready to join a team that works with the most innovative technologies in the travel industry? Do you love writing code that matters and that improves our customers journey in booking an unforgettable experience?
As a Software Developer at Expedia, you will work within an agile software delivery team developing technology that powers travel for millions of people every month. Continuously pushing the system to its limits, we work on the cutting edge to quickly implement new features in front of customers within a matter of days. Data is at the centre of everything we do; personalising the experience of our customers with near real-time decision making.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small projects
- Work in a team to design, spec, and schedule a component or feature
- Provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support
- Deliver improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Collaborating with your team of colleagues to design and build software solutions and features, you will be directly involved in delivering software solutions to business stakeholders, in addition to investigating and resolving software issues.
- Support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university graduating December 2019 or Spring 2020
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C/C++, Python, C#
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OOP concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Kantar Worldpanel
Kantar Worldpanel is the global expert in shoppers’ behaviour.
Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Kantar Worldpanel inspires successful decisions by brand owners, retailers, market analysts and government organisations globally.
With over 60 years’ experience, a team of 3,500, and services
- Science & Research
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2002