You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
The UK Nuclear area within Jacobs provide engineering design, construction, planning, support, survey, design-build, project management and/or program management for our Nuclear Industry clients. With more than fifty years of experience across the complete nuclear asset lifecycle, we support client delivery and the associated infrastructure requirements at every stage of a project. Recognized a leader in the energy industries, our team consistently receives high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies.
The PSP(N) Framework involves the provision of multi-disciplinary design and engineering, programme / project management, project controls, risk management, procurement and construction supervision services and expertise to the MOD DIO at all the UK nuclear submarine-related naval bases, particularly HMNB Clyde in Scotland, and a number of related UK facilities, to support a programme of life extension and new infrastructure construction projects for the current and future UK nuclear submarine fleet, to support the UK’s continuous-at-sea-deterrence and nuclear submarine operations to 2050 and beyond.
The PSP Systems Engineer works closely with the Head of Systems Engineering, PSP(N) to develop, update SE documentation ie RAMPs, SRDs, VVRMs, ITEAP, Integration Plans, Test Plans, Test schedules, Acceptance Case Reports and an Interface Matrix. Duties include providing inputs to the Monthly Engineering Report and attendance at stakeholder meetings.
The role requires:
- Knowledge, skills and competencies wrt the SE principles, processes and products
- Knowledge of the DE&S Acquisition System Guidance principles, processes and product
- Competent writer and practitioner of SE documents
- Undertake / be responsible for capturing, validating and managing the project’s requirements and Integrated Test
- Ensuring consistency in approach to system, design and safety requirements capture and tracking;
- Support options appraisal process, design and implementation processes.
The role is based at Jacobs Glasgow and/or HMNB Clyde – Faslane site as one of a team of around 6-8 SEs, supporting the Head of SE, PSP. This role is currently focused on requirements generation though responsibilities may vary according to prevailing Clyde programme needs.
wledge of MOD processes and standards.
• A degree in relevant discipline or equivalent. Ideally experienced in the nuclear industry and knowledge of MOD processes and standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to develop and apply SE thinking
• Ability to form working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment
• Ability to undertake travel between Glasgow and FaslaneDiscover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The Company employs 50,000 people and operates in more than 30 countries around the world. Jacobs is ranked the #3 Most Admired Company in the Worl
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1947