You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cheltenham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 8.18 per hour
Leckhampton Court Hospice
£15,951 per annum (depending on experience)
£8.18 per hour
Plus excellent enhancements
Full time hours available including days/nights/weekends on a rota basis.
Are you able to push the boundaries and give incredible care to patients (and families) who have specialist palliative care needs?
We are looking for Nursing Assistants who wish to develop their interest in specialist palliative care. Previous experience of palliative care is desirable, but not essential as training will be given.
Leckhampton Court is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Gloucestershire. We’re here for people aged 18 and over living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. It provides the only specialist hospice care inpatient unit in the county of Gloucestershire. We offer a range of support, from inpatient care in our 16-bed hospice, set in the foot of the Cotswold Hills and surrounded by beautiful countryside, to day services and Hospice at Home which helps people stay at home longer and offers respite to carers.
As one of our Nursing Assistants you will:
- Implement the agreed care plan to help individuals to be cared for and remain at home safely and independently
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with individuals and their families
- Assist individuals with administration of their medication according to policy guidelines
- Carry out any essential domestic duties as agreed in the care plan
- Encourage/support mobility and abide by moving and handling guidelines
- Assist with nutritional needs, as per the nutritional assessment
- Be able to provide observation of temperature and urinalysis. Collection and deliver of specimens for pathological testing
- Work to ensure the standard of infection prevention and control are followed at all times
- An NVQ and/or QCF Level 2 qualification (or the willingness to gain this)
- Experience of working in a team
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word, the internet and email
- Strong communication skills and an empathetic approach
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
- Competitive enhanced pay for nights 30%, weekends 45% and public holidays 60%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Paid qualifications
- Continuation of NHS pension
- NHS holiday honoured
- Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
- Cash referral bonus scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Online Wellbeing Centre
- Free Will writing service
- Staff finance loans
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- Carers leave policy
- Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
- Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
Subject to DBS check and on-boarding checks.
Other organisations may call this role Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Trainee Care Worker, Health & Social Care Worker, Social Care Worker, or Carer.
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:37.5 hours per weekPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Additional Clinical ServicesSpecialty/Function:Palliative
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948