You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Swindon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Job Type: Intern
HPC Technical InternJob Description
At Intel, you can experience a world of opportunities. Are you passionate about technology and transforming the world? We want you to apply to join us as a part of one of the European technical teams based in Swindon.
We provide best-in-class technical support to our customers from design to manufacturing, and right through the product life-cycle to implement industry-leading innovations, and to work with the latest technologies. Intel Swindon site hosts customer access labs for a variety of data centre and cloud focused workloads. We are looking for a highly motivated intern to work in our lab team for HPC focused engineering and operations. The successful candidate would gain invaluable industry knowledge and experience in a very technical role.
The HPC Technical Responsibilities intern responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working in HPC/Artificial intelligence and private cloud Cluster platform engineering at scale
- Working with hardware and software-operating the lab itself and supporting hosted customers using our lab in the UK, as well as other labs managed worldwide
QualificationsThis is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical disciplines including Computer Science, IT, Software and Electronic Engineering. It is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
Technical skills required for the role include:
- Desktop and/or notebook hardware familiarity practical skills
- PC hardware and software architecture familiarity
- Understanding of basic server and network architecture
- Ability to build and debug typical PC and Server hardware, install and debug typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux
- Microsoft Windows operating System familiarity beyond that of a general user
- Solid understanding and experience in deploying and/or support Windows* client and/or server environment
- Programming knowledge in HTML and/or XML, scripting languages would be an advantage
- Keen personal interest in computing would be an added advantage.
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics, knowledge of processor architectures.
- Experience in coding using Arduino or embedded C would be an advantage.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame
- Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills -Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on-site presentations and demos to customers and therefore able to undertake a level of UK and International travel
- Confident working in a customer facing environment
- Project management experience
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Intel, building a better world is our business. Our mission is to utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on earth while serving as a role model for how companies should operate.
We power amazing experiences through a diverse product line and exciting partnerships. Our strategy is a virtuous
- Technology & IT, Engineering & industrial
- in Swindon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1968