- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 23 Jan, 2019
Duties & ResponsibilitiesOur award winning Testing and Environments Practice (TEP) are looking for Software Quality Engineers (internally known as Product Engineers) in Test to join them here at the John Lewis Partnership Head Office based at London, Victoria.
Our Software Quality Engineers in Test will work as part of a multi-skilled agile delivery team using their skills and experience to contribute to the delivery of new software products - from idea through to implementation. As part of a lean enterprise, that is continually improving ways of working; Partners and teams will collaborate to develop their own principles and values which drive creative and innovative thinking, develop technical proficiency. We believe this will lead to a strong Engineering Culture and Capability. We are looking for strong technically minded Software Quality Engineers in Test to help shape and deliver the testing as part of an Agile team.
Job RequirementsThe John Lewis Testing & Environments Practice (TEP) is responsible for directing ways of working and approach to testing working with our internal Partners and our core testing partner. You will be responsible for helping to shape and drive the testing approach while working day to day in teams to deliver new features. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with onshore, nearshore and offshore teams to develop testing approach to deliver value quickly and with quality to the customer
- Working across teams to build a clear and coherent Test Strategy based on Internal Delivery Code of Practice and Engineering Principles
- Reporting to Delivery Lead on release progress and test improvement activities
- Working with the team to ensure coverage and approach for test checking automation within a Continuous Integration and Delivery environment
- Supporting functional and non-functional testing solutions
- Utilising retrospection and other techniques to continuously improve the testing delivery within the teams
- Ensuring progress is measured and the continuous improvement plan is in place based on measures and consistent feedback
- Representing the Testing Community in promoting testing within the organisation and externally
Required essential experience skills and qualificationsTo be considered for this role, you must have the following experience/skills:
- Experience working in an Agile team with a Scrum, Kanban or similar methodology or approach (You can articulate this process clearly and understand how testing can work within this way of working)
- Ability to work in small teams with strong communications, ability to self manage, promote testing and to continuously improve
- Understanding and experience of testing types, Functional, Performance, Accessibility, Compatibility, Operational, Implementation
- Understanding of test fundamentals such as Testing Vs Checking, Exploratory Testing, Risk Based Testing, Agile Quadrants, Automation Testing Pyramid, Context Driven Testing, TDD/BDD Design automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing, Agile Measurements
- Building and running highly maintainable automated tests, alongside utilising exploratory manual testing, ensuring that solutions are tested and critiqued by a human and not just checked
- You can implement or manage through knowledge and experience an automation led approach to testing
Required desirable experience skills and qualificationsAlthough not essential, the following skills/experience will be advantageous:
- Used at least 2 testing frameworks and ideally have used 1 or more development languages Calabash, Spock, Fitnesse, Cucumber JS, Appium, Selenium framework and automation tool sets
- Retail/eCommerce testing experience
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About John Lewis Partnership
John Lewis began trading in 1864 on London's Oxford Street, and has grown to become the largest omni-channel retailer in the UK with 49 John Lewis shops (35 department stores, 12 John Lewis at home and shops at St Pancras International and Heathrow Terminal 2) and a growing online business - johnlewis.com.
'Never Knowingly Undersold' h
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864