You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 17 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
To apply for this role, please email Silicon Valley Bank directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with the cutting-edge technology businesses that are changing the world. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 35 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a wide range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including Made.com, IMImobile, The Hut Group and Trustpilot.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2400+ employees in 15 US states, over $50 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Germany, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach. We believe a truly high-performance environment comes from having a diverse employee base and an inclusive culture that encourages people to feel as though they can do their best work every day.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about life at SVB right here.
SVB’s Associate Development Program gives Associates advanced, hands-on training in areas including credit risk assessment, loan portfolio management and client relationship skills.
We look for people from a variety of backgrounds, with an ability to learn quickly and a genuine interest in innovation and finance. You are a sharp, driven, curious professional who isn't afraid to speak up with new ideas, challenge old ways of doing things and always ask "why?"
The Program runs for 12 months and has a focus on building core credit skills – you’ll partner with experts within our Structured Finance division throughout the Program and work alongside Relationship Teams to assess and meet the needs of our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to work with clients from all of the sectors that we cover across different life stages. You can expect a significant amount of hands on activity whilst structured training will focus on building skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- SVB & Industry orientation – business lines, innovation ecosystem, venture capital and private equity
- Financial Analysis
- Credit Underwriting & Structuring
- Products – Debt, FX, Cash Management
- Portfolio Management – monitoring the performance of our existing clients
- Systems and processes
Your work will include conducting due diligence on potential clients, managing loan portfolio risk and supporting loan growth, underwriting new deals, identifying and resolving compliance issues, and providing client support.
Skills and Requirements
This may be the job for you if:
• You're a team player, but are comfortable working independently. You can keep a level head under pressure.
• You're motivated and strive for success. You have strong organisational, time management, and multi-tasking skills. You act without being asked and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You have general financial analysis skills and the ability to read and understand financial statements. You can explain complex situations with ease.
• You love to learn and have a tendency to pick things up quickly.
• You enjoy a challenge and thinking outside of the box. You don't give up easily and if you don't know the answer, you strive to find it.
• A demonstrable interest in innovation (tech/life sciences) and investors into innovative sectors.
• You've earned a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and may have some work experience already.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Silicon Valley Bank
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1983