You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Chichester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a company who work within the defence/military sector who have multiple fantastic projects already on the high-level plan.
This is a permanent position based in West Sussex with a salary banding of GBP 40,000 – 55,000.
A self-motivated, flexible and competent lead engineer will thrive in this role. Someone who is capable of putting their stamp on their area of responsibility as well as the business by way of influencing a positive, productive and enjoyable culture. Meeting the customer requirements is paramount as is meeting the approved business case, to that end the individual must be capable of risk management and adopting right first time engineering principles
- Degree / Masters level (or equivalent) in a Vehicle / Mechanical / Engineering Discipline.
- IMECHE CEng Accredited Engineering Degree or equivalent (preferred).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered engineer status (preferred).
Project Engineer Knowledge/Experience
- Approval of all order delivery timescales in conjunction with the Project and Supply Chain Managers.
- Confirmation of build specifications – including sign off of Build BoM Resourcing Plan.
- Provision of technical direction to the Production Manager.
- Relationship management between Lead Engineer, Commercial, Supply Chain Manager and Production Manager.
- Reporting on weekly production milestones against a master production schedule.
- Reporting on weekly production status and stock levels of key components.
- Management of production issues, risks and opportunities.
- Identification and planning of resources needed to support bespoke build orders to meet agreed delivery dates.
- Approving of all internal and customer documentation in line with Jankel QMS
- New product development experience from concept through to test and series manufacture.
- Conversant with ‘Engineering tools’ such DVP, DFMEA, FEA.
- Experience dealing with Senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Experience in engagement & management of engineering outsourcing deliverables based contracts.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.
- Customer focussed - displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed - strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
Why Should You Apply?
This is an exciting opportunity for any experienced Project Engineer that is looking to progress their career with a highly rewarding company offering between GBP 40,000 – 55,000.
If this role isn't what you're looking for don't worry, at X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and contract positions with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity.
X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the Engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics partners quicker than the competition.
Our aim is to help businesses grow powerful teams that deliver against exceptionally high standards and we have partnerships with leading Engineering companies all over the world and have made placements in over 15 countries across Europe and the Far East.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About X4 Group
The X4 Group is a global group of specialist recruitment businesses within the Technology, Life Sciences, Engineering and Construction sectors. A Sunday Times Fast Track top 100 business for 2017 and one of Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies for 2018 in accordance with the FT, we are exceptionally well positioned to add value to your recruitm
- Technology & IT, Engineering & industrial, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2008