- Ipswich, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About Textron Specialised Vehicles
Textron Specialised Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialised Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUGTM and DouglasTM brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defence, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training.
Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd are seeking a Logistics Specialist who will support the Logistics Manager in the execution of the timely dispatch of whole goods and accessories, in line with the company's sales forecast.
- Liaising with 3rd party freight companies for collection and shipment of goods domestically and internationally.
- To ensure all shipments are processed compliantly and in line with applicable legislation (including ADA/IMDG/IATA, DGN Regulations).
- To ensure all documentation is accurate - collection notes, DGN notes, SSN, CMR and invoicing. Also complete customs documentation as required.
- Manage customer enquiries and be able to resolve logistic issues effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintain import tracking database and ensure inventory is correctly received and released against customer demand.
- To develop and maintain logistic key indicators to show company performance.
- Ensure customers are kept informed of all pending shipments.
- Be conversant with business operating platforms, e.g. Oracle and Qlik-View.
- Oversea NOVA completion.
- Manage Operator Manuals and Warehouse consumables in line with sales demand.
- To cover full logistic operations in the absence of the Logistics Manager.
- To support contract negotiations as required.
- Other duties that may be required.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Logistics Management or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and see the task through to completion.
- A good understanding of Geography.
- The ability to work effectively when under pressure.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- IT literate with the full Microsoft Office Suite.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In 1954, in a one-room machine shop in Augusta, Georgia, the first Textron Specialized Vehicles products were born. Two brothers started with a simple belief that they could build a better golf car, that better met the customers' needs, than any other vehicle on the market.
Since those beginnings, the Textron Specialized Vehicles produ
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Ipswich, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1954