You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Support and Service solutions (S3) line of business operates across all of the main UK sites, providing innovative and invaluable support solutions to our customers. S3 is part of the Airborne and Space Systems Division, which develops and produces a wide range of products and solutions for both manned and unmanned aircraft platforms, including integrated mission systems, airborne radars and sensors, protection and countermeasure systems, on board avionics and simulation systems.
Would you like the opportunity to create innovative systems and applications? Can you imagine yourself using new technology to solve future medical or energy support problems? Do you like the idea of working directly with customers and end users across the UK? If so, then why not join the growing S3 engineering community and work alongside some of the most talented support engineers in the UK.
As a graduate support engineer within S3 you will be part of a team developing support system architectures and concept solutions, and looking at cost effective support of equipment through its life. By using data science, mathematical analysis and modelling, you can help to ensure that the end user has equipment that will be reliable and easy to maintain in challenging environments. You might also look at how technology can be applied to provide a service that addresses current and future global issues.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working as part of the supportability community and supported by a team of experienced engineers you will be responsible for:
- Developing and applying your academic knowledge to undertake various activities across the engineering lifecycle, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Developing practical skills in engineering design and development for complex solutions, understanding key processes and technologies.
- Working closely with engineers across multiple disciplines to solve problems
- Completing tasks to a high standard and in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures.
- Taking an active role in engineering process improvement ensuring the communication of best practise across the engineering team.
- Using technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be pro-active within the team.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. (e.g. physics, mathematics, computer science, electronic engineering, systems engineering, system supportability, avionics or other related science or engineering subject) or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK. Some roles may require security clearance to access caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system level thinking.
- Self-motivated with an appetite for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948