- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 24 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Global Markets Sales & Trading Analyst, Off Cycle Analyst
Job Description & Program Overview
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products - all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximise their performance.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As an off cycle analyst your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Carries out quantitative analysis across areas such as execution, market microstructure, and risk management.
- Supporting the sales force in their daily activities
- Gaining exposure to client relationship management
- Preparing marketing material and working on client presentations
- Exploring sales leads through market and company research
- Delivering analytical projects around client profitability and market trends
- Supporting traders in their daily activities
- Shadowing senior members of the team and undertaking mock trading as a hands-on approach to learning the basics of risk management and market making
- Analysing client and market data to help develop and execute trades
- Following and analysing macro and company specific events as they unfold real time, and anticipating the upcoming path and outcome.
- Produces back-testing analysis of portfolios and systematic strategies.
- Supporting structures in their daily activities, such as the pricing and handling of requests from Sales and/or Trading
- Carries out quantitative analysis and assist in the development of systematic strategy products.
- Undertaking due diligence, financial analysis and economic research on potential and existing clients and regions
- Preparing pitch books and presentations to market trade ideas to clients
- Understanding the cross-asset interplay of structuring solutions through relationship building with the key stakeholders (Sales, Trading, Credit, Risk)
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative subject (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical background), and in their penultimate or final year of study
- Programming experience, especially in statistical/computational packages such as Matlab, R, or Python
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English is essential, and a second European language may also be required for some roles. For some roles fluency in Russian, Arabic or Mandarin is essential to support the Global Banking and Markets business area and the activities of the division and managing international client relationships
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates Accountability and Productivity
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it`s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.Application Deadline
February 28 2019
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK