You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Corporate Infrastructure overview:
Our Corporate Infrastructure business areas are what underpins the success of the entire organisation. These are the functions that support the business, helping us deliver innovative financial solutions that set Nomura apart in the global marketplace. In our highly competitive and fast-paced industry, strong infrastructure teams are fundamental to our success. Work in these areas with us and you’ll be operating at the forefront of your field, as well as gaining a valuable insight into how Nomura operates on a global scale.
The Technology Full-Time Analyst programme aims to give you exposure into one of our Technology departments - Support, Development and Infrastructure.
As a graduate Analyst, you will receive dedicated training and support to develop your career and professional skills. Our comprehensive 2 week training programme will focus on risk management, lifecycle of a trade, global markets products, i.e. derivatives, FX, etc. and financial statement analysis, alongside business speakers and networking opportunities. You will receive professional development training and go through Nomura’s Orientation to help you maximize your potential. The training programme ensures that the emphasis is on practical application so that you are able to immediately contribute to our business.
Throughout the Graduate Programme you will be supported both by a buddy, mentor and dedicated programme management team.
What’s your role?
Technology at Nomura involves working with, and designing, state-of-the-art information technology and risk management systems. These are the systems that can often give us that crucial, split-second edge over our competitors. Work ranges from infrastructure support and deployment to in-house development of complex modelling software and applications.
There is a wide breadth of roles available in technology. Your role will fit into one of the below:
- Business Analysis – To help bridge the gap between the worlds of Technology and the business, Business Analysts are the intermediary through which each side can communicate effectively. Each modification we make to our in-house software requires complete understanding and agreement from both sides as to how things are to be changed, and as a Business Analyst you will facilitate this. You’ll be meeting regularly with business representatives to understand the problems that are currently occurring, and will be translating these problems into concrete requirements for the Development and Support teams. Analytical skills are a must for this role, as well as the ability to express an idea in more than one domain language.
- Software Development – Bespoke software is at the heart of everything we do, and as a software developer you will help build out our ecosystem to help our clients and traders create and maintain a competitive advantage over other banks and organisations on the street. We write a large proportion of our software in-house and you could be involved with anything from generating real-time risk measures for our traders, to ensuring that payments to other companies are correctly collated, calculated and executed. As a software developer at Nomura, you will be designing, implementing and deploying solutions to meet rapidly changing business and regulatory needs. Strong coding skills and a logical outlook are a must.
- Technical Support – To support the many systems that are written in house, our technical support teams are the first line of communication between our business users and Technology. As a member of one of our dedicated teams you’ll be doing anything from diagnosing and remediating issues in complex system flows to investigating previously unknown issues, all while in contact with traders or other business staff in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and technology knowledge are required to get the ‘big picture’ and disseminate information to find a solution to issues.
Bear in mind, that not all jobs fit into one of these categories, and can sometimes span two or all three!
Your role will be in the context of one of our IT divisions:
- CTS – Corporate Technology Services is responsible for delivering and supporting business applications to Operations; Finance; Compliance; Investment Banking; and the rest of the Corporate divisions. CTS plays an essential role in servicing the Firm’s business needs and future direction by providing the appropriate solutions and capacity whilst also ensuring the ability of the Firm to report, monitor and supervise this business.
- EIS – Enterprise Infrastructure Services are responsible for delivery and architecture of Nomura’s Core IT Infrastructure. Encompassing Cloud and Digital Technology, Systems Monitoring, Orchestration and Automation as well as more traditional enterprise IT Platforms (Storage, Servers, Virtualisation, Networks & Database). EIS offer technology services that underpin the banks application landscape, and provide front to back end user services that operate across technology and business disciplines. Offering an ever broader range of career options, EIS provide not only technology pathways in development, product engineering or technical support, but provide consultative services that form delivery of solutions within the bank spanning Business Analysis, Project Management, and Governance.
- GMIT – Global Markets Technology develops and maintains software solutions for the Global Markets division. Our products are used around the globe and include trading, pricing, risk management, analytics, research and sales systems.
- Risk IT – Risk IT supports the Risk Management division by developing and maintaining software solutions that calculate market and credit risk exposures and provide group-wide risk management capabilities in line with the firms’ risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
- WPS – Wholesale Production Services provides business aligned 1st/2nd line IT Support and has global responsibility for the overall stability of the systems supporting the global wholesale businesses and the supporting functions (e.g. Front Office, Operations, Risk, Finance, Compliance). Wholesale Production Services is responsible and accountable for monitoring the environment to proactively identify issues, incident management, release management, disaster recovery, capacity management and application support.
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit graduates and interns with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
As a graduate, you should be in your final year at university and on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent.
How to apply
To apply for a 2019 Full-Time Analyst position, candidates should be available for full time employment in September 2019.
Fluency in English is essential.
We recruit on a rolling basis and encourage applicants to apply early.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Ba
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1925
1 Angel Ln, London EC4R 3AB, UK