You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our infrastructure systems experts combine rail systems and operational knowledge with systems engineering expertise to develop fully integrated railway scheme designs which meet the needs of government, rail operators, the travelling public and others impacted by the railway. These designs may be for a new railway (or other guided transport system), for an extension to an existing system, or an enhancement by the introduction of a new technology.
Our services are provided through the whole project lifecycle of:
- Concept and Feasibility
- Design and Manufacturing / Installation
- Testing and Commissioning
- Operation and Maintenance, through to renewal
Our team has particular expertise in the specification and implementation of the European Train Control System (ETCS) level 2 technology which is one of the technologies at the centre of the UK Digital Railway transformation.
Current projects include the following:
- High Speed 2
- Crossrail 2
- Meridian Water New Station
- Luton Airport Mass Passenger Transit
As part of the Arup Infrastructure Systems team, you will be involved in a range of projects from automatic people movers, through light rail, metros and heavy rail to high-speed rail projects.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join our team of bright professionals and community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing technical assurance plans
- Requirements and interface management
- Systems definition and systems architecture
- Verification and validation
- Rail and other guided transport system concept and feasibility design development
- Technical report writing
What we look for
We are looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Rail and other guided transport systems sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946
8 Fitzroy Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8TX