You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Wigan, UK
- Part-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 100.0 per day
An Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in Wigan are actively looking for confident sport/coaching graduates to cover PE and other subject areas across KS3 and KS4. The role of a Cover Supervisor is ideal for sport graduates who are considering a career in teaching or are already doing their PGCE. It is a great opportunity to earn extra income and gain the relevant experience.
The role of a Secondary Cover Supervisor:
As a PE Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to oversee lessons in the absence of the teacher. You will not be required to deliver the lesson itself but you must ensure that the pupils are on task. You will need to manage behaviour in line with the school policy so you must be confident and have a strong, firm, but fair approach.
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
The requirements for a Secondary Cover Supervisor:
- Be qualified to degree level
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children
- Be available at least 3 days a week
- Be flexible and available at short notice
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
- DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to complete one)
- 2 referees we can contact for references
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£70 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks,
- References and Enhanced DBS
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on or email me on
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A team with over 50 years combined Education and Recruitment experience, providing short to long-term Teaching and Support Staff opportunities in London schools and beyond.
At Veritas, we firmly believe that one thing that the Recruitment sector and the Education sector have in common is that they are both 100% focused on people. Within
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2015