You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Birmingham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,000.0 per year
The role is for a Graduate Transport Modeller but the specific tasks are likely to be influenced and adapted to suit the selected candidate(s).
The general tasks will be centred around supporting the senior team on large projects that require significant input on the following:
- Micro-simulation modelling using VISSIM and Paramics software packages. You would be provided with training from our experienced team which would be unmatched anywhere else. The aim would be to bring the graduate up to a standards well above the industry’s average in a very short space of time.
- Data manipulation and presentation of model inputs and outputs using complex spreadsheets. Adding value to the presentations and processes as your understanding of the objectives becomes clear.
- Using GIS software to present model outputs in an interesting and highly professional looking format. The candidate(s) would be given freedom to explore and develop new and innovative ways of delivering the required outputs.
- Produce reports and technical notes to a high standard ensuring the appropriate message is conveyed and in a manner tailored to the specific client and the project objectives.
- Dealing with clients and attending meetings with senior staff to agree methodologies, discuss project specific issues and present results.
What we are looking for
- Exceptional report writing skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A basic understanding of VBA programming (beneficial)
- Experience with GIS software (beneficial)
- Analytical, numerate, enjoys problem solving, and has an eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and has a keen interest in entering the world of transport modelling
- Confident, hardworking and ambitious
- Any experience with transport modelling software would be very beneficial but is not a prerequisite
- We are looking for candidate(s) who are graduating in the 2017/18 academic year for a summer/autumn 2018 start date. Please state on your covering letter your likely availability for a start date.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- geology and geographical science
- accounting and finance
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- planning and surveying
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Please email CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitmentDiscover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Vectos is a transport planning, infrastructure design and flood risk and drainage consultancy specialising in assisting the property development industry to maximise the commercial value of land/assets through the planning process. We have an enviable reputation for master planning and securing planning consents and DCOs for complex and chall
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Birmingham, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2011