- Perth, UK
- Apply by 05 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What is PLU?
The Personal Lines Underwriting team (PLU) looks after the pricing and underwriting for Aviva’s suite of insurance products in the UK. As such we are at the centre of all insurance activity in the company and the wider UK insurance industry. At 100 strong, we have a huge range of skills and experience; some of us have been with the company for over 30 years whilst others have just finished their education. We always strive to deliver great customer experiences and strong financial performance through first-rate analysis, expert risk management and extraordinary teamwork. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a real difference for the customers of the UK’s largest insurer, PLU is the place to be.
Our Pricing Consultants are responsible for building sophisticated models to assess risk and generate suitable prices for customers. Their work ranges from analysing new statistical models, building pricing structures in radar, crafting reporting suites to monitor and optimise performance and building suitable algorithms for new propositions.Key Responsibilities
On a daily basis you’ll be providing analysis-based pricing recommendations or underwriting decisions to help deliver continual improvement to the account you’re working on and improving the customer experience. You will be central to the latest innovations, which support product development and our Digital First strategy. You will also work closely with colleagues from across the business to identify the right opportunities to achieve profitable growth and deliver the right outcomes for our customers.Knowledge and Skills
We are looking for people with a wide variety of skills, behaviours and levels of experience. If you have all, or even some of the following we want to talk to you.
- Strong analytical skills and a natural problem solver
- Attention to detail and working accurately
- Degree in an analytical discipline or relevant qualifications (such as CII)
- Experience with Rate Assessor, Radar, SQL or Excel
- Knowledge of Linear or Non-Linear Modelling
- Programming skills such as R or Python
- Strong stakeholder management and customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure, both in isolation and with other areas of the business
- Good written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise given workload with business objectives
- Knowledge of UK insurance products and market
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and an ability to learn and develop
Please note that these roles are available in Perth and Norwich for full time and part-time applicants and we are advocates of flexible working.What will you get for this role?
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent/carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.Equal Opportunity at Aviva
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you need to provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our purpose is to make a difference to people, businesses and communities around the world by providing first-class insurance, retirement health and investment products. We’ve got big plans for our future.
We want to build a stronger, more sustainable business and become the most recommended name in the market. To do that, we need amb
- Banking & Financial Services
- in Perth, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1696